Torch brandishing is annoying and bad design

Loppysaurusrex

First of all, when I'm exploring a dark cave and am looting with a torch equipped, half the time I go to click on an item and SURPRISE my guy waves his torch around like a maniac, now that wouldn't be too horrible if for some reason after he swings his arm around he decides he needs to take a nap because apparently moving your arm around makes you sleepy.

Change it to use like a quarter of your stamina instead of your fatigue.

Also I've never even scared a wolf away with brandishing so what good is it?

I know this is annoying for you and how you feel...but man,I had now so hard and loud laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can clearly imagine how it was swinging with torch arround and character making noise.And then you realised that this unwanted mashing with torch made your character badly fatigued. :lol:

Man,I`m not trying to laugh at your problem,but you wrote this wholle post in such humouristic way,that I could not stop myself from laughing. :) This post would be really great comedy. :lol: I hope you won`t be offended,it is just that your post is so well written in comedy manner. :) At least I had really great time reading it. :)

You can definitelly scare a wolf with brandishing a torch, you need more then one swing usually.

I agree with you, that swinging a torch drains too much fatigue. You can walk all day long, but after four swings with a torch you need to go to the bed.

The problem is stamina is fatigue....so moving what is drained doesn't cange anything...except now it would be harder to run....and waving my arms doesn't really make me run less far.. .so -1 on that idea. Make it use less fatigue maybe.

+1 but yeah I think brandishing also kills the torch faster...so something about the mechanic of accidental swinging does need to change. Very very easy to do accidentally. Maybe hold lmb...the circumstance where holding lmb for a second is too long before the wolf attacks seems like it's too late to change that pup's mind anyway.

The problem is stamina is fatigue....so moving what is drained doesn't cange anything...except now it would be harder to run....and waving my arms doesn't really make me run less far.. .so -1 on that idea. Make it use less fatigue maybe.

+1 but yeah I think brandishing also kills the torch faster...so something about the mechanic of accidental swinging does need to change. Very very easy to do accidentally. Maybe hold lmb...the circumstance where holding lmb for a second is too long before the wolf attacks seems like it's too late to change that pup's mind anyway.

How about using no fatigue, it's absurd to think that waving your arm would make you tired enough to take a nap.

• 2 weeks later...
I just want the key to brandish my torch to be a different key when picking up items so I don't have to take a nap everything I'm looting in a cave.

This. Plus after the third time waving your torch at that reclaimed lumber you almost picked up, you need a new one. Annoyance.

Can brandish and extinguish be reversed, please?

It appears we can't drop torches any more? I used to have a tactic where you could drop a torch in front of the wolf, and the wolf wouldn't run but it wouldn't cross over it either. Then you could take aim and kill it from very close. This didn't work with flares, but it did with torches. Now, there's seemingly no way to drop a lighted torch on the ground so that it still burns while dropped. Did I miss something?

It appears we can't drop torches any more? I used to have a tactic where you could drop a torch in front of the wolf, and the wolf wouldn't run but it wouldn't cross over it either. Then you could take aim and kill it from very close. This didn't work with flares, but it did with torches. Now, there's seemingly no way to drop a lighted torch on the ground so that it still burns while dropped. Did I miss something?

Holster

The most annoying thing I have found about the torch waving issue is when your adding fire wood.(PC user)

I.E say your not really concentrating and your fire is about to die out. So you select a wood type and start adding it, add, add, add, add, add etc. BUT all of sudden your waving your arms around like a mad man trying to set your own house on fire lol.

Reason this happens is once the add wood button is no longer available the Take Torch button takes it place! surely that needs fixing? can't the take a torch button stay in the same place?

feels like this vid

[bBvideo 560,340:1e0lnxra]

[/bBvideo]

Archived