V.256 Crash issue

LucidFugue

I've had 3 random crashes since the v.256 update. I have my output.log here: output.log

2 crashes have occurred in indoor areas and one outdoors.

The 1st was inside Pleasant Valley Homestead, after waking up, harvesting a few clothes, and repairing clothing. I can't recall exactly when it crashed, but it just froze up. my monitor went black, then attempted to go to sleep mode as it had no signal, before opening again in windows. The application was still open, but alt tabbing back led to it being reported as not responding.

The second crash was from the same start point, however I had left the homestead and had wandered the outdoors for a good few minutes. The game just stuttered to a halt and again my monitoring reset itself and I was back in Windows.

The final one (which prompted me to post this thread as the game has run perfectly for me up till now) occurred in Coastal Highway, while cooking wolf meat over a fire. Same situation.

I had been playing for about an hour before the first crash, the second one came in about 15 minutes, but the last one was after a solid 2 hours play. Let me know if you need me to do anything else to help look into it.

Love all the new features of the update! It gets better every time!

Hey could you check to make sure all your drivers are up to date. If they are could you try running this please:

In Steam interface, click on "LIBRARY".

In games list, right click on "The Long Dark".

Choose "Properties"

Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."

Paste into text box "-force-d3d9" without the quotes

Click "OK".

Click "CLOSE".

This will run the game in Direct X 9 instead of 11.

Jeremy

Archived