Sprint and Fatigue

MagnumJoe

Woke up at the farmhouse in Pleasant Valley with no fatigue. Sprinted to the end of the "driveway", then back. Check the status and my guy is already extremely fatigued and receiving the carrying penalty. So less than an hour up and a few 100 yard sprints, and my guy is tired and needs to sleep for 6 or so hours recover from this. My character must be extremely anemic and morbidly obese!

I like the idea of the sprint bar, but seems to affect fatigue way too much. Right now we are limited to the slow walk or a dead sprint. Having been in situations before where i need to balance speed vs energy conservation, neither was the pace I used .A light jog or quicker walk might be a great option. Maybe it burns more calories with very limited fatigue drain.

Also made exploring boring for a friend who was new to the game. Having to slowly walking somewhere to conserve energy might be more realistic , but makes game play a yawn. Maybe in the 2 easier modes don't have sprint affect fatigue.

Woke up at the farmhouse in Pleasant Valley with no fatigue. Sprinted to the end of the "driveway", then back. Check the status and my guy is already extremely fatigued and receiving the carrying penalty. So less than an hour up and a few 100 yard sprints, and my guy is tired and needs to sleep for 6 or so hours recover from this. My character must be extremely anemic and morbidly obese!

The sprint is more for emergencies, and comes at a cost. It's not for just running around to simply get to places faster. Walk speed has already been increased compared to the previous version as well.

The sprint option is to remedy the marathon running from before [where you could start at the Trapper's Homestead, run through the ravine, cross Coastal Highway, go the the Abandoned Mine, and reach the opposite corner of the Pleasant Valley map running for just 6 in game hours while barely breaking a sweat or getting fatigued.

The new sprint and walking pace will most likely bring travel more in line with the NPC story mode pace. Don't forget these are extreme winter conditions, not plowed streets or casual strolls.

The current pace is already far faster than IRL for these conditions, but was made so for gameplay reasons. However that doesn't mean instant or speedy travel would make for better gameplay. In fact, if you could just race everywhere, then weather, travel, planning where to store supplies or loot next would serve no purpose.

Also made exploring boring for a friend who was new to the game. Having to slowly walking somewhere to conserve energy might be more realistic , but makes game play a yawn. Maybe in the 2 easier modes don't have sprint affect fatigue.

Remove fatigue, and you could simply speed sprint everywhere... again, would negate any terrain, exploration, or weather dangers. It's simply not a timed race to complete every part of the maps. It will also need to match pace with characters when added in story mode.

Archived