260 days of boredom

TWM

No seriously: until v.256 got out, I had a lot of boring days.

And then I died. Moved over from CH to PV a while back. Setting up shop again, things were starting to get boring.

I noticed my wolf coat was starting to degrade somewhat, so I decided to shoot a wolf. Shot two. One got away. So I thought: I might have me some fun and look for it.

I didn't find the wolf, but I did see some saplings, so I checked that out. Then took a huge detour through the mountains.

As it was getting later in the day, I decided I needed to step up and look for shelter (preferably indoors). Ran into a wolf eating when I was turning a corner. It jumped me. Managed to dodge a bear.

Now it was getting really late in the day - and I was feeling a bit desperate.

Traversed the birch forest around the lonely homestead, and just as I entered the field around the red barn, a blizzard came up.

I managed to make it to a tractor, made myself comfortable inside. First hours of sleep, it wasn't to bad. Things cleared up. But it was dark, so I decided to stay where I was. What could go wrong.

Five hours later, I was getting colder. Another blizzard, with temperatures -31 C, three hours later, I was freezing. I managed to get myself out of the wind and light a fire, but too late: hypothermia.

Well at least I could see where I was. Now I could go to the barn, but my food supply was in the homestead across the field, and I needed 24 hours warmth to lose the hypothermia condition. So I decided to go for it.

I even had a torch out. And then I found out wolves aren't that afraid of torches anymore. With my condition down at 33%, that wasn't a fight I was going to win.

I can say one thing: v. 256 made things a heck of a lot more interesting... Still, I think surviving for 260 days is a nice accomplishment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived