#53 Game freezes interacting with first item in a new run

marin

Basically whenever I start a new run, the first item I click on freezes the game for about 10 seconds and then it continues like nothing happened. This happens only with that first interaction, every time.

I also have a new problem when recording. My recording program stops automatically whenever I try to enter and exit buildings. That wasn't happening in the previous release so I'm not sure what changed to mess that up.

Guest Alan Lawrance

I am pretty sure I know what is going on here -- the game is trying to tell D3D to change the resolution, even though the resolution hasn't changed. This is something that changed from the previous release, and I suspect your recording software doesn't like that. I am going to get a hotfix out for this asap. I'll post in the forums when it's available on Steam.

Regarding the freeze during interaction -- I have experienced this, but it wasn't 100% reproducible for me. I'll make that a priority to track down too.

Bad news! Problem is still here after 074. I haven't had a chance to test until now and while Action!, the program that I'm using just stops recording, FRAPS, reports something different. Screenshots below:

DF5fjIP.png

hLiNFp9.png

Guest Alan Lawrance

Ok, will track down. As a test, try switching to full screen at main menu, then back to windowed.

Also, if you want to run borderless window, launch .exe with -popupwindow

Okay so -popupwindow solves everything.

Without the launch option, it even gets disrupted when I attempt to get into options. Like I start recording at main screen, I click options and it stops recording(gives the errors with FRAPS)

But running with -popupwindow doesn't stop the recording at main menu or in game.

The freezing still occurs but I'm aware that still needs to be fixed later on.

• 3 weeks later...

Version: Sandbox Alpha v.094

I believe I experience a minor version of this in the current release. It's a game freeze for around half a second on the first attempt trying to pick something up in a given play session. It certainly happens for items that have a displayable model; I'm not clear whether it also happens when showing the loot menu (which I believe only displays for items with no model yet). Nothing severe but it's an odd and noticeable hiccup in an otherwise smooth experience.

Guest Alan Lawrance

Yeah, this is proving difficult to track down. My theory is that is has to do with Unity loading assets during gameplay. If this is the case, the goal will be to have these assets loaded during startup or on the initial scene load.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived