[v.256] Hypothermia not curing

elloco999

I got hypothermia from staying outside too long. The description says I need to stay warm for 24 hours. So what's 'warm'? Not freezing or above 0C all the time. Either way, I've spend over 36 hours in bed trying to cure my hypothermia but I'm still not cured.

I spend over 36 hours sleeping inside at Trappoer's, ran out of resources, made my way to the Camp Office and slept another 25 hours inside there.

From other posts I've learned that you need to stay above 0C for the entire 24 hours, so getting out of bed after 11 hours to eat and drink will prevent you from healing if your clothes are not warm enough.

I think this mechanism should give the user a little more slack or hypothermia is not curable without a lot of firewood or better clothes. Both are very hard to manage early in a new game.

I think this mechanism should give the user a little more slack or hypothermia is not curable without a lot of firewood or better clothes. Both are very hard to manage early in a new game.

I agree completely. I love this game but this feature needs some work, it's extremely severe to get down to 10 hours, briefly go below 0c and immediately get the full 24 hours slapped back on. It's not realistic at all either. In my opinion, any of the three of the following would be a big improvement:

Most realistic: Going below 0c begins to raise the number of hours over time back up to a max of 24, perhaps at a faster rate with really low temperatures.

Probably a lot easier to implement: The timer only decreases while it's above 0c, if it drops too far below 0c for too long (ie, if you get hypothermia a second time) then it resets to 24h.

Easier still, but less challenging: Bring it down to 12 rather than 24.

As he said, you either need really good clothes or stacks and stacks of firewood. Taking the time to break down furniture on the other side of the room from the stove can easily reset it on a cold day, just doesn't make sense... Feels very buggy even though it's working as intended.

Archived