Multiple Save Slots!

DrMembrane

Dear Devs,

Now I don't mean multiple slots in the same game, so I'd be reverting or whatever, I get that's clearly against the spirit ofthe game, but many other survival roguelikes give you multiple save slots. I'd really appreciate this because, for example, my current game I've survived way longer than I ever have, but I want to play around and experiment with the world post-update, without jeporadizing this game which I put so muh effort into, and I've been playng very methodically and conservatively. This would really really enhance my game experience if I could, for anoher example, get tired of the shore and then load up a mysterious forest game for a change of pace.

Dr. Membrane

I would say yes to multiple save profiles [different runs on each profile], but definitely would disagree with multiple save slots per individual game run [would defeat the entire function and reasoning for permadeath in sandbox mode]

Note: story mode is being planned with a different save system

Bill, I explicitly said I know that multiple saves for the individual run would defeat the purpose in my original post. I wanted to differentiate what I was asking for, that is to say, being able to have multiple runs going so you don't have to jeporadize your current one to let a friend play or experiment or whatever.

Please bring in Multiple Save Slots.

My kids want a turn, and letting them kill me inside of ten minutes, (this has happened before and will happen again) I just want to give them their own unique characters. Child 1 who shrieks and runs for buildings when wolves appear, and Child 2 ... who gets killed cause he chases wolves, especially with the gun... and misses.

I wouldn't mind a second profile for myself as well for kicks when one is preserving a longer run and am waiting for a bug fix.

• 5 weeks later...

I would say yes to this idea also...

Like have 1 save per world.. so you can't make another save for the same world your on in case you die... You can only make another world and swap between the two but the two saves are not the same world.

Like a borderlands character save.

Xbox player by the way...

If I had the option to run/save a second character (maybe one game/save for the male character, one for the female) I would be much more inclined to use one of them to pursue bug reports and actual alpha issues. My desire to play/survive supersedes my desire to drop everything and go to a location or engage in an activity that might end a game that is going well.

multiple profiles would be cool but in the mean time , just rename your save folder to save001 or something, then you can start a new one, then rename that, and just have whichever you want to play you rename it to the default.

It's possible, but manual alteration of game files is detected by an inbuilt mechanism - it voids any achievements you manage afterwards.

multiple profiles would be cool but in the mean time , just rename your save folder to save001 or something, then you can start a new one, then rename that, and just have whichever you want to play you rename it to the default.

It's possible, but manual alteration of game files is detected by an inbuilt mechanism - it voids any achievements you manage afterwards.

Seems unlikely for anything other than save game editors. I'll test it, as I have my multiple saves tool working quite well.

I play on Xbox One and you can have different game instances on different player profiles. i.e I have 1 game running on my profile & my wife has 1 game running on her profile. So when she plays there is no impact on my save game & vice versa.

I expect the same can be achieved on PC/Mac simply. Just have a separate user account which you can switch to and you can then have 2 different games going (if that makes sense)

This way you wont be needing a "multiple save program" which I am sure 99% of ppl would use for different game instances but some may use to "undo" or revert back to before they died etc.

I would try it on PC but I don't wanna buy it twice LOL :lol:

We don't have folders, since i play this on Xbox one...

Please think about Xbox players also not just Pc.

I play on Xbox One and you can have different game instances on different player profiles. i.e I have 1 game running on my profile & my wife has 1 game running on her profile. So when she plays there is no impact on my save game & vice versa.

I expect the same can be achieved on PC/Mac simply. Just have a separate user account which you can switch to and you can then have 2 different games going (if that makes sense)

This way you wont be needing a "multiple save program" which I am sure 99% of ppl would use for different game instances but some may use to "undo" or revert back to before they died etc.

I don't want to have to have multiple Xbox profiles to have several saves... Kind of the reason why I would want this. Because I don't want to switch between profiles to play another save... I want my things on my Xbox account.

I don't want to have to have multiple Xbox profiles to have several saves... Kind of the reason why I would want this. Because I don't want to switch between profiles to play another save... I want my things on my Xbox account.

You dont need to switch profiles at all. it gives you the option of which profile to load in game regardless of which profile is actually signed into the Xbox

You dont need to switch profiles at all. it gives you the option of which profile to load in game regardless of which profile is actually signed into the Xbox

Technically it's still switching between profiles... And plus I want all of my stuff saves and games on my profile and only on one profile, because I don't want multiple profiles on my console just to play another save.

It doesnt effect any achievements. At least in my case. Your not actually alterating any files. you just rename the folder. the game looks for the save game in save001

so i exit out and rename that to save001amazombie and then start another one.

If i want to go back to the first i rename save001 to save002 and save001amazombie back to save001

sorry xboxers, i dont have an xbox, or i'd try and help

Hinterland is working on multiple profiles within the game, that will work on all platforms and from within the game UI. Until then you can use on of the methods described in the previous posts.

I can confirm that using different Windows accounts will work the same way using different XBox profiles does.

Archived