Make Dead People More Useful

Flik_Tripz

This is just a small thing I thought of, but it would be nice if when you came across a dead body, you could harvest it for some cloth or leather. If you really want to be drastic, maybe even add the ability to take meat off the body. I feel like bodies could have more use than just having some meager supplies on them.

This is just a small thing I thought of, but it would be nice if when you came across a dead body, you could harvest it for some cloth or leather. If you really want to be drastic, maybe even add the ability to take meat off the body. I feel like bodies could have more use than just having some meager supplies on them.

You already get clothing from dead bodies. That is disrespect enough.

As for getting leather and meat from them.... No. Just .... no.

I meant leather as in from their clothing, maybe their shoes. And the meat thing...well it is a desperate measure under the circumstances. Maybe the meat could have some chance to infect you with an illness, or maybe you just can use it as wolf bait to lure them away. Also, didn't know that you already got cloth from bodies, unless you mean from any clothes lying near them, because I mean more like ripping the cloth from the clothes they are wearing.

Besides, do you really want to share a house with a corpse that you've stripped (almost) naked? Checking their pockets is close enough, I sometimes have to think carefully if I even want to sleep in a house that has a body in it.

As far as getting MEAT from a corpse, I have a point to make. One, I wouldn't WANT to ever do that yet, there was that group of people trapped in a snow catastrophe where one person ate another to survive AFTER they died. So, it is accurate in EXTREME situations, again, it is NOT fictional. Another point....ROLEPLAY! What if you COULD eat the meat as an act of desperation but....run the chance of getting some neurological disease as a result? Can't you get some kind of disorder from eating human brain matter (don't quote me on it). Imagine this other perspective....no one mentioned character bios as of yet. What if you "decided" that your character was a FLEEING CONVICT and/or a MENTALLY DISTURBED PERSON? Than....choosing to do something morally wrong would be "part of the character's progression into insanity/mental degredation". Think about this reply. I'm trying to be as objective as possible. I agree with others on the respect of corpses. Yet, in a realistic viewpoint, one must do what is necessary to survive. It's all about testing one's personal morals, limits, and motives.

I'd still like the option to interact with corpses to remove them e.g. 'take outside' or 'give funeral'. I understand that burying may not be an option due to the frozen ground, but can I at least take them out of the house before sleeping in it, with the option of building a funeral pyre (at great expense) and cremating them later?

It's good from various points of view: respect, humanity, infection control. I don't care if the options are an expensive extravagance during a survival situation (calories, fuel, time), I would like to think that I'd find a way to use them. Or feel just that bit guilty when I don't.

I'd still like the option to interact with corpses to remove them e.g. 'take outside' or 'give funeral'. I understand that burying may not be an option due to the frozen ground, but can I at least take them out of the house before sleeping in it, with the option of building a funeral pyre (at great expense) and cremating them later?

It's good from various points of view: respect, humanity, infection control. I don't care if the options are an expensive extravagance during a survival situation (calories, fuel, time), I would like to think that I'd find a way to use them. Or feel just that bit guilty when I don't.

It's a game of survival so no need for details of this sort i say!

Perhaps, but then again the one thing that looms over you night and day during survival is death. In societies where death is ever-present, the last rites are very important, perhaps because next time it could be you. I just want to be able to click 'take outside' or 'give funeral', which results in the disappearance of the corpse - I'm not looking for an animated cut scene or anything fancy. I'd gladly spend resources to be able to do it.

I'm waiting for the corpses to have different textures so it's not a clone of the same poor guy. As far as usefulness, maybe on occasion they could have little notes with them - journal entries, last words, hastily scribbled hand-drawn map scraps of landmarks and things, or directions to where they hid a cache of goodies. It would at least make the dead a little more colorful.

I can deal with the stiffs outside but not inside.

Dead bodies inside are quite useful for storing space. Dead bodies outside can be useful too, since environmental temperature seems to affect the decay rate of stored meat.

I can deal with the stiffs outside but not inside.

Dead bodies inside are quite useful for storing space. Dead bodies outside can be useful too, since environmental temperature seems to affect the decay rate of stored meat.

hmmm I think there is more than enough storage in buildings to not need to use bodies! thats just weird. As for outside I have not needed to do this either let alone on a body.

I would like to be able to bury them but the problem with that is the reduction of bird feathers

Re: Looting Corpses - We already have a shot at getting something. I assume the remainder is to damaged from exposure or animals to be of any use. Or maybe I just don't want to attempt to pull the frozen undershirt off the freezer burned corpse. Just ewww.

Re: Meat Lockers - Not a new subject and still just as disquieting. Just ewww.

Re: Body Removal - I think taking the bodies outside of the base would be my first priority. I don't know what killed them. Could have been exposure, pneumonia, dysentery, etc. I would rather not take the risk. Haul them a hundred yards away and drop them in a snow drift. They will still be there in the spring. I can always come back at some later date and give additional last rites.

I agree with stripping the clothes and moving dead bodies to not inside. It's weird. I call my cabin office corpse 'Corpsey'. He guards my Jerky. I'd much rather Corpsey become part of the circle of life outside though.

The corpse that always seems to be waiting for me at the top of the stairs in the Camp Office cabin I've named "Frosty". I also call him "Mr. Freeze" from time to time.

Archived