steam achievements

nicko

Concerning Marksman achievement. I have mixed feelings about associating this with killing animals. I like the idea of cleaning the rifle and practicing with it to achieve skill and proficiency and the same with the bow and arrows. With the limited supply of bullets, it's not something I would normally do. Perhaps if we were permitted to make sight or scope adjustments to sight in, that could be something. Long distance and marksman shooting is a very involved sport and I don't think it would serve the needs of the gaming world to get too deeply into that in a general audience survival game. Personally I would find it interesting, especially if it were well researched.

Too often I see people on YouTube TLD play throughs packing around the rifle instead of a torch. It just gives me an uncomfortable feeling. I'm glad that in the new region, Timberwolf Mountain, the emphasis is on real survival which is a quest for shelter, water, fire wood and easily procured food that cannot hurt you when you gather it in the words of Cody Lundeen.

I believe you can only achieve this one by eating only natural food for the first 25 days of the game.

I don't think that's correct. The issue is, you can't eat anything you haven't harvested, so if you find a chunk of meat in a freezer or on the ground, you can't eat that. If you harvest it from a plant or animal, or catch it yourself (fish) you can eat it.

Tea does count against this, because it has calories. Water doesn't.

I am having issues achieving this goal. In my opinion it is stupid if eating meat found in a freezer is considered as violation. Isn't it still natural food? In theory if i put my self-harvested meat in the freezer and take it back out, this should than be a violation, too. The only difference is, that someone else harvested the meat. I also wonder, if the following are violations:

- consuming medicine

- eating meat found in an oven (in this case eating my self-cooked meat would be a violation, too)

- harvesting and eating meat from an animal already found dead

- starting with eating non-natural food and trying to achieve the goal at a later time

I've tried both: starting with only natural food from the beginning and starting with natural food later in the game. With one of my tries i am at day 40 without achieving the goal, maybe because i ate some meat found in a freezer ... ?

In my opinion the achievement description is much to vague for such kind of nit-picking. At least i have not had such difficulties understanding the other achievements to reach.

Living Off the Land

Survived 25 consecutive full days only consuming calories harvested from wild plants and animals.

Pretty sure I was eating meat out of the freezer be it deer I killed or deer I found. cat tails are good to. Have you been drinking coffee or tea? maybe that is no allowed.

Living Off the Land

Survived 25 consecutive full days only consuming calories harvested from wild plants and animals.

Pretty sure I was eating meat out of the freezer be it deer I killed or deer I found. cat tails are good to. Have you been drinking coffee or tea? maybe that is no allowed.

no, only water ... but about half of the water not melted from snow but found in toilets ... so maybe this is a violation, too?

no, only water ... but about half of the water not melted from snow but found in toilets ... so maybe this is a violation, too?

Don't worry it's not your fault, it's a problem with the game itself! For me it took more than 100 days to get that achievement. I have tried it four-five times before I finally got that badge. I wasn't eat nothing just harvested meat, no coffee, no tea etc. I also tried to eat some canned food from time to time, just to "reset" some mysterious "timer" then wait for another 25-30 days <- that was the advise back then, when I was tried to achieve that.

I thought they fixed it, but as I see they don't. Good luck with that!!!! :lol:

Archived