Oh I wish I could see my body !

Lamoi

If I could only look down and see my body and hands and feet in this game - it would be so much better.

For example, I recently made a wolf skin coat. I tell you, it not easy to make by any means, as some of you know. I had to kill and skin 4wolves (no mean feat) cure that skin in my shack in the dry air for 5 freakin days, then craft it with a few other materials...

The prize? Ultimately, a stat boost... It's a real useful stat boost, but just a stat boost alone nonetheless.

It just hammered home how cool it would be if they had included a physical body that you could see in this game.

I love this game, but too much of the activity, state and condition of the player is left To the players imagination. Foraging for wood, eating, drinking, sleeping, cooking. I just wish it was a more complete experience. I can handle the foraging, eating and drinking etc. Although it would be nice to see little animations for those, seeing you take out a bottle of water and drink it, or cooking a steak in a pot, then eating it. But being able to see your body, hands, feet etc, would make so much difference.

I'm guessing the only reason to have the current disembodied experience is that it makes things much easier on the developers side? Shame...

Is this something that could be implemented at a later stage?

We've had a couple of players suggest being able to see the character and his/her equipped items in the UI instead of seeing the body during gameplay.

+1!!!!!!!!!

If you guys could implement this, I will no longer need to count the items in my "clothes" section and think "did I put everything on already?"

We've had a couple of players suggest being able to see the character and his/her equipped items in the UI instead of seeing the body during gameplay.

How do you feel about that alternative?

It's better than nothing I guess. But I'd prefer to see my body...

I'm assuming from a Dev point of view it was simply easier to have no body or such?

yeah i sort of thought the same would be good to see your new hand crafted boots or gloves etc, but then thought why? to make be feel good or bad ? i think as long as you crafted it be happy! else what you see might disappoint you? Maybe a In person UI Mode would be good? hit tab goto view Person/me

yeah i sort of thought the same would be good to see your new hand crafted boots or gloves etc, but then thought why? to make be feel good or bad ? i think as long as you crafted it be happy! else what you see might disappoint you? Maybe a In person UI Mode would be good? hit tab goto view Person/me

Ya ya..... I'd rather have it than not...

I`m completely satisfied with things as they are now.Not seeing character`s hands is no issue for me.Why would be needed to see his hands,at all? We have white dot to pickup things,so we don`t need visuable hands for that,as well we interract with objects with white dot.

To see our items we carry? Well,when fighting with wolves,we enter minigame and white power bar is that indicator,which tells us,how to fight,so there is no need to see our knife or hatchet as there is no direct impact to wolf`s body.Maybe in new updates that will change and we will have to choose the part of his body,where to stab him,so we could deal deadly wounds..in that case it will be good to see our melee weapon,so we can lead it to desired hit point.

For clothing and rest stuff we have inventory tab and we must check it regularly to see condition of our items,so we can regularly controll,what we have put on and what not.

When hunting and repealing attacks we have bow and rifle visuable and aim mechanics for both works much close to real life.

So...why need to have hands,body,items visuable? Because other games have that option? Well...in my own oppinion,I do really like very much,that TLD does not want to look like other games.I like and respect its desire to be and stay something unique.And that makes this game so awesome.Coz it is not like many other games.If it would have same mechanics as Forrest game,if there would be zombies as in so many games already...then it would lose its authentity.For me,personally,it would stop me impressing at that moment,when it would start having same things as milions of other games have.

Note: This is only my PERSONAL oppinion!! This is how I see the game and how I would not want to see it. :)

I don't know, I'd certainly want to see my body. It could also serve as a hight reference, as sometimes when I walk outside I feel kind of short. If it weren't for the step noises I would think I'm a floating balloon.

I can't see how not having a body would make the game better then others. Original, maybe, but not better.

I love this game, but too much of the activity, state and condition of the player is left To the players imagination. Foraging for wood, eating, drinking, sleeping, cooking. I just wish it was a more complete experience.

Please keep in mind that right now what you're playing is not "the game" but merely a sandbox for testing game mechanics. Story mode will almost certainly give the player more purpose in their actions.

How do you feel about that alternative?

I think that would be wonderful!

Archived