The Talos Principle

Does anyone know this game? It's right now on steam sale until monday and you should really take the chance and grab it if you like games that require you to think (alot).

To some extend it's like Portal or more closely Portal 2, mixed with Myth and some elements of Tetris. It is way more philosophical than Portal and has an incredible depth. At first you think okay, there's room one to solve, then room two and so on until you figure out that there is a lot more to discover (and solve) hidden in the amazing and beautiful world, layer by layer the mystery reveals itself.

It might be even called a survival game because that's what you are actually doing - but who you are, why you are there and what the sense behind it all is, is for you to discover. A stunning soundtrack, state of the art graphics and a deep story add alot to the experience.

If you own already TLD there's no better way to spend 16€ on a game rightnow :D But after the sale it will be back to 39.90€.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257510/

If you like puzzles, then definitelly grab it. I bough it during a sale and it was worth it. The principle is to use lasers, disruptors and platforms to open doors to the end of a puzzle and grab a piece of another puzzle (tetris-like) to receive more items, which do you need to solve more complex puzzles, or to open main gates. There is also interesting main story with multiple endings and a lot of easter eggs.

Right now, I bough DLC Road to Gehenna and it's more challenging then original game.

I have been pretty curious about this game for a while, but haven't done much reading on it or watched many videos -- I know it's a bit of a puzzler, so I don't want to ruin anything.

I know you guys have good taste ;) so I'll pick it up next time it's on sale. Thanks for the mini review!

• 3 weeks later...

It's definitely worth your while bethany, after playing it through including all three different endings I've got myself the addon Road to Gehenna too. But that one is really hard right from the start, the first puzzle took me about an hour to solve :roll:

Thanks majales for the notice, I will notify my friends about the sale ;)

Archived