A few ideas to improve the game

Coldy

Hi

First of all sorry if some of my suggestions have already been posted and if my spelling can be bad.

So i think that human corpses should be harvestable. Frozen corpses would contain 1 kg of meat (600 calories) and 1-2 guts while corpses inside houses should have as much meat as a wolf and 2 guts. I saw a post that was about implementing morale in the game. Eating human meat should lower morale pretty much.

I also think that from time to time crows should come to the ground and be vulnerable to shots. They would give half as much food as rabbits and their meat would be very susceptible to infect you as they are scavengers. It doesn't give that much food and might not be worth the shot but well, it's better than nothing when you are starving to death.

Being able to distract wolves by dropping meat to the ground would also be useful.

Also we should be able to make bigger traps than snares to catch wolves and deers. Of course these traps would need a lot of resources.

This has already been said by thousand of others posts but please, make the weather way more challenging : longer storms, colder temperatures, go slower on snow, etc... And make wildlife more scarce.

Thks for reading this :mrgreen:

Re: Cannibalism - The issue has been discussed on and off again for some time. The devs have come out and said no cannibalism.

Re: Birds - I like the idea for taking down birds. Maybe as time goes on and more birds are added hunting them will become an option.

Re: Wolf Distraction - You can do this. There is a hotkey for dropping a decoy.

Re: Larger Traps - The variety of traps has also been discussed heavily. Which let to the discussion of more animal types (that we could trap/hunt) being added to the game.

Re: Storms - More believable weather patterns have been discussed. Where the weather does not fall on you out of the blue. Right now when the flock of crows flys across the area you know the weather is changing. The ever shifting weather is an issue, but it is one we may have to deal with for balance. For instance, long random weather patterns could doom a new game. Your game starts in a blizzard and the blizzard does not let up for a week. Chances are most people would die. Realistic, yes. Fun, no.

Re: Scarcity of Wildlife - This has also been discussed at length. Believe it or not it comes down to calories gained for a kill. We should be able to survive a few weeks to a month off an adult deer. Right now we are lucky if 20 lbs of meat lasts us 5 days. If the up the calorie load of the deer to a realistic amount then deer would have to become very scarce to balance it out. I personally would like this. But less visible game means longer treks out into the cold in hopes of finding game. Let alone landing a killing shot, field dressing, butchering the game and hauling your prize back. A careful balancing act to be certain.

The problem can be directly point to at the Calorie Bomb of the bear wandering near the homestead in PV. You can open your screened in porch, shoot the bear, close the door and wait for it to die. You can then harvest it right from your back door. Turns in about 80 lbs of meat which lasts for weeks. You can then strip down to your skivies, melt water and cook bear. The problem is magnified when the bear respawns less than a week later. As long as you have bullets you can last forever. The last bear I shot in PV, I did so in long johns and no shoes. Just left my clothing in the bedroom so it would not degrade.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the return :) pretty new to the game (tenth run or so day 38 on stalker) and it didn't come to my mind to shoot bears and let them bleed out. I didn't thought that they would already be a decoy so thanks for the info (I'll try it out with fluffy cause I'm outta bullets :mrgreen: ) anyway thanks to the devs for this amazing game ;)

Re: Cannibalism - The issue has been discussed on and off again for some time. The devs have come out and said no cannibalism.

Re: Birds - I like the idea for taking down birds. Maybe as time goes on and more birds are added hunting them will become an option.

Re: Wolf Distraction - You can do this. There is a hotkey for dropping a decoy.

Re: Larger Traps - The variety of traps has also been discussed heavily. Which let to the discussion of more animal types (that we could trap/hunt) being added to the game.

Re: Storms - More believable weather patterns have been discussed. Where the weather does not fall on you out of the blue. Right now when the flock of crows flys across the area you know the weather is changing. The ever shifting weather is an issue, but it is one we may have to deal with for balance. For instance, long random weather patterns could doom a new game. Your game starts in a blizzard and the blizzard does not let up for a week. Chances are most people would die. Realistic, yes. Fun, no.

Re: Scarcity of Wildlife - This has also been discussed at length. Believe it or not it comes down to calories gained for a kill. We should be able to survive a few weeks to a month off an adult deer. Right now we are lucky if 20 lbs of meat lasts us 5 days. If the up the calorie load of the deer to a realistic amount then deer would have to become very scarce to balance it out. I personally would like this. But less visible game means longer treks out into the cold in hopes of finding game. Let alone landing a killing shot, field dressing, butchering the game and hauling your prize back. A careful balancing act to be certain.

The problem can be directly point to at the Calorie Bomb of the bear wandering near the homestead in PV. You can open your screened in porch, shoot the bear, close the door and wait for it to die. You can then harvest it right from your back door. Turns in about 80 lbs of meat which lasts for weeks. You can then strip down to your skivies, melt water and cook bear. The problem is magnified when the bear respawns less than a week later. As long as you have bullets you can last forever. The last bear I shot in PV, I did so in long johns and no shoes. Just left my clothing in the bedroom so it would not degrade.

Welcome to the forums.

+1 to allll this.

I have mixed feeling about the "calorie bomb" bear. I probably don't know enough about bears being Australian. But I almost constantly having hides and guts curing on my little balcony area. I'm sure that might attract a hungry bear (again no nothing about bears, shouldn't he be hibernating or did the geomagnetic storm mess that up?).

Plus if there was a bear loitering around my house, shooting him from the safety of the house (preferably an upstairs window) would be my strategy.

Archived