Placing Objects in the World

kaynesyduin

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking on it a bit more... What if, in the Harvest/Repair[/Refuel/Reload] Menu, that you access through the Equipment Screen, there was an option to Place said item. The mechanic that allows us to place our Campfires, Bedrolls and Stormproof Lanterns would offer more precision, than 'at my ankles'.

I was trying to lay out my guts to air dry and my only option is to place them at my feet; maybe incorporating the bedroll placement would suffice, however being able to shelve an item or place it on a surface other than the floor.

Considering we can place Storm Lanterns I would hope/guess that soon other items will become available to place in the world. I'd like most, if not all items to be place able. But I'm a stickler for organization, so it would delight me to no end to line up all my sodas across the shelves, dry store my crackers and jerky and lay my coat out on the couch after a long day.

It would be good to put items on a table or on a desk instead of dropping them to the ground. It would work similar to the lantern which can be placed anywhere.

It would result in a tidy place. And honestly who irl would throw thing to the ground? :D

• 2 weeks later...
It would be good to put items on a table or on a desk instead of dropping them to the ground. It would work similar to the lantern which can be placed anywhere.

It would result in a tidy place. And honestly who irl would throw thing to the ground? :D

There's a similar thread about this topic that's been circulating today. I'm going to merge you guys together for one happy object placing conversation =)

Archived