YO lets get them cars running!

exeexe

It will be hard work but it can be done. To make them cars running all you need is pine wood, a fire and a distiller.

If someone has been doing some moon-shining it means someone has been distilling, it means there is distilling equipment. All you (the player) have to do is go out and find it. So if the gamedevelopers put some moonshining equipment out there in the wilderness we can make turpentine. Turpentine has about the same energy density as gasoline.

Energy density:

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fuels ... d_169.html

Making turpentine:

Moonshinning equipment found in the wild:

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/crime/20 ... /15074013/

We could even create some soap with antiseptic properties if you want soap from pinetrees.

The amount of work that requires to produce one portion of turpentine is huge so it shouldnt be an easy pass. You will have to work hard to be able to drive from one end of the map to the other. But the possibility should be there and god forbid if you crash the car since the seat belt might be out of order.

The Japanese in WWII used terpentine too to fuel their engines because they ran out of ordinary fuel.

You are also forgetting that due to creative license, all advanced technology in this game no longer works. Yes, you can argue "but they are diesel engines, they're quite basic and don't even use electricity" like I did about a year back, but does it add anything to the SURVIVAL game?

TLD is about you versus the cold, unforgiving wilderness. not you, a jeep, several tonnes of equipment you are now able to cart around with you versus the wilderness.

Adding functional vehicles would completely destabilise the game, and then it becomes "North Canadian blackout simulator 2015". No Survival element left. You can just vroom your way around, running over wolves and bears for fun.

Those will be dealt with eventually, I expect, but they aren't nearly the game-breaking magnitude of functional vehicles. It's like comparing scratches on the paintwork of a car, and a dodgy fuel gauge to the entire engine block being stoved in and the exhaust manifold ripped out. Entirely different ballgame, I'm afraid.

It's quite simple; the devs have envisioned a game without functioning cars... So there will probably be no functioning cars no matter the arguments we can come up with. It is simply outside of the vision they have for TLD so it won't be happening. And I'm okay with that.

Well, I still vote for the stil. Rose Tip shine WTF!!

A still? Basically everybody east of the Warsaw-Prague-Vienna-Ljubljana axis should support distillation of fruit :lol:

sorry-- don't get it? :?

A still is an apparatus used to distill liquid mixtures by heating to selectively boil and then cooling to condense the vapor. Of course, we could make Rose Tip Jack using the fermentation/freezing method too.

My kin hail from the hill country of Arkansas. White Lightening is part of our DNA ;)

Well, I still vote for the stil. Rose Tip shine WTF!!

A still? Basically everybody east of the Warsaw-Prague-Vienna-Ljubljana axis should support distillation of fruit :lol:

A tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that eastern Europe is probably the part of the planet that knows most about distilling fruits. Every county has their own version of making booze from fruits, brinjevec, kirsch, pálinka, rakia, slivovitz, țuică.

Even though Romania for example never had a trouble with not having enough grain, historically speaking, we also have plums, third in the world at plum production, with Serbia beating us, then China. And while I don't know what they do with them in China, probably eat them, we and the Serbs make hooch out of most of it.

And it's pretty good, although because of said eastern European context, you really can't produce it, market it and export it everywhere, like whisky for example.

But plum brandy, aged ten years, yeah, better than some whiskeys aged for 10-12 years I had. Too bad it never really got past the moonshine status, and probably never will.

A still is an apparatus used to distill liquid mixtures by heating to selectively boil and then cooling to condense the vapor. Of course, we could make Rose Tip Jack using the fermentation/freezing method too.

My kin hail from the hill country of Arkansas. White Lightening is part of our DNA ;)

lol I know what a still is.. it octo's eastern european reference that threw me.. I couldn't tell if it was meant to be an ill-advised off-colour joke or if he was serious.

Regardless... you'd need to collect pounds and pounds (and pounds!) of rose hips to get enough for the yeast to eat in order to make shine from them... there's really not much sugar in the native rose hips. I'd think you'd have much better chances finding enough sugar in abandoned homes.

lol I know what a still is.. it octo's eastern european reference that threw me.. I couldn't tell if it was meant to be an ill-advised off-colour joke or if he was serious.

Regardless... you'd need to collect pounds and pounds (and pounds!) of rose hips to get enough for the yeast to eat in order to make shine from them... there's really not much sugar in the native rose hips. I'd think you'd have much better chances finding enough sugar in abandoned homes.

I have never had Rose Hip, so I can't speak to the content. How would it equate to cranberries? I have made cranberry jack before and did not add any sugar. Just washed them, pluped them and put them in a container to ferment on their own. After a few weeks I set the container in the garage (we lived in Colorado) to freeze. I then poured off the alcohol and put it out in the garage again. You keep going through the freeze/pour method until the booze hits your soft spot for proof (as the alcohol does not freeze, only the water does).

Could you imagine putting say 100 rose hips in a container, adding water and then letting it "cure" inside for 14 days? You would then have to cure it outside for 8 hours or so and then pour off the good stuff. You could use it as an antiseptic, an accelerant or just celebrating your life while toasting your toes in front of a fire back at your camp. Sounds like an excellent Steam Badge in the making :)

I have never had Rose Hip, so I can't speak to the content. How would it equate to cranberries? I have made cranberry jack before and did not add any sugar. Just washed them, pluped them and put them in a container to ferment on their own. After a few weeks I set the container in the garage (we lived in Colorado) to freeze. I then poured off the alcohol and put it out in the garage again. You keep going through the freeze/pour method until the booze hits your soft spot for proof (as the alcohol does not freeze, only the water does).

Could you imagine putting say 100 rose hips in a container, adding water and then letting it "cure" inside for 14 days? You would then have to cure it outside for 8 hours or so and then pour off the good stuff. You could use it as an antiseptic, an accelerant or just celebrating your life while toasting your toes in front of a fire back at your camp. Sounds like an excellent Steam Badge in the making :)

+1

I've never heard of the freezing method of distillation, I like it!

+1

I've never heard of the freezing method of distillation, I like it!

+1

Same for me, never heard of it but it sounds like something I might want to give a try :)

Archived