Crows to circle all corpses

Shanti

Tonight, while hunting over hill and dale, I suffered a sprained ankle and more than just a touch of frostbite looking for the corpse of a pesky wolf who had the nerve to run away from me after I repeatedly stabbed him in the neck. After riding out a blizzard and returning to the forest for another fruitless search, I had a quick thought:

Wouldn't it be wonderful if crows would circle any dead corpses left on the ground? It would certainly make it easier to find a new corpse, if the crows could be seen (and heard) circling in the trees.

It seems to me like crows would actually prioritize a fresh, tasty kill over the frozen corpses which must be truly frozen solid and mummified after a few days.

This could help with concerns Bill brought up about how it can be devastating to loose a kill when a wolf or a bear runs off wounded. Rather than needing the animal to respawn quickly, how about a handy, black and noisy beacon to hover over it?

I think it would make it to easy if every dead animal had crows flying over it, also a bit unrealistic. Birds are usually in tune with a kill but not all. Also it would take away the effect of us stalking wolves that are hunting wildlife. I love that I can let them do the work of making a kill and I can scare them off/or kill the wolf to take my share. I prefer to try scare them off by the way.

Ahhh, I use the deranged wolves as target practice ... just hate losing arrows these days where in reality it could chop arrowheads out of the sides of ATCO trailers (the blue box huts) if i wanted, or hammer the metal spoons into broad-heads.

I love the game, but hate the diversion from reality to make "game balance".

Archived