Can't start fire under rock over cropping.

Fodd

I got lost and stuck near skeeters ridge on PV map at night. I found what looked like good shelter where a big Boulder stuck out making a roof. I couldn't start a fire anywhere under the rock. It would say invalid location but I could start a fire outside of the rock roof. The fire that I started only lasted 8 minutes because of the wind. So I just tucked up in the crevice under the rock roof where it was the warmest and almost froze to death. Luckily I made it with 5% health to draft dodgers cabin.

Yes, coordinates would help a great deal. There isn't really a way to know exactly what you're talking about without seeing it, as the exact location is pretty crucial to understanding what's happening. Let us know if you can! (and thanks, elloco :))

I'm on the Xbox version and I don't know how to pull up coordinates. I'll keep that in mind if I find that area again. Once night hit and a Blizzard hit I got totally turned around and just know it was around skeeters ridge.

You can grab screenshots, but not coordinates, unfortunately.

If you're in the area again, feel free to take a couple of reference photos -- Anything that gives us a better idea of where you were. I feel like you might have just been on unsuitable terrain for a fire, but it's always worth looking into if you're curious enough.

I've never done it myself, but I did find a guide. Maybe that will help! You could also photograph your monitor with your phone -- Lower quality is okay as long as we can tell where you are ;)

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/features/ ... hem-676134

In any case, as I said before, it was likely unsuitable terrain...That doesn't necessarily mean the land the fire was actually sitting on, but perhaps the rock above was too close. If you feel that isn't the case, we'll have a look for sure =)

Archived