Stalker mode without rifle :)

Denyo

Guys...what do you think,if we would have hardest mode without any rifle spawn? :) Now,when we`ve been introduced with bows & arrows,rifle for me seems like redundant. :)

I am now at 140th day of my current run in Stalker and I found maple and birch saplings arround day 30,so I could make a bow.I found rifle quite earlyer in this run,but after I crafted bow,I put rifle into a closet.Yesterday,as I moved to next map,I completely forgot about rifle. :lol: I really use only bow now,even for bear hunting.it makes me so exciting hunting and also defence is more excitement now. :)

For me it is great fact,that there is not a single moment of hunting with bow as comfortable as with rifle.I find it awesome,that arrows can be refund,so they are as precious as bullets are for rifle.Searching for arrows after fail shoots can be very thrilling and exciting. :) Also everything,what affects on aiming and succesfull hit,made hunting and fighting with bow really amazing experience.Bear hunting can be again unpredicted and hard sometimes.

To conclude...with bow & arrows stalker mode got back some of it`s charm and reputation.It is not that drastical change,but it is at least a bit greater challenge now. :)

What do you guys think about this? Would you like Stalker mode to have only bows & arrows as firearm and rifle would be excluded? :)

+1

You will be stalking your pray. This will add new meaning to Stalker mode name.

Indeed. :D Hunting with hand made weapon...is there anything more exciting? And it takes us close with nature,close to our basic instincts,when only survival is that,what matters.

With you all the way and I rather enjoy leaving the gun on the rack, it looks nice there.

My play style is more how well you can live rather than how long you can live.

Active and no hibernating unless absolutely necessary. Most common death is bad choice or blunder. I have certainly never starved to death.

I guess it would be fun to not have the rifle in stalker. Or the rifle should be made really rare, like only one or two spread over all maps, and very few bullets. So finding the rifle would be even more special. :)

My current run in Stalker is bereft of the rifle at around Day 16. I am sitting on at least 25 rounds if the joker ever comes up. Not having the weapon this "far" into the game has changed my play style. I horded flares in prior runs but now I use them, especially if the decoy fails. I am using the high roads in ML a lot more than I was before, instead of just "running to the hills" once I saw a wolf. Having a ranged weapon made me a more response oriented player, passively moving through the terrain. Not having that safety net makes me much more aggressive in movement, trying to evade and break contact with a wolf at every juncture.

I am not saying I will not start sporting a rifle if I find one. Lord knows if I can craft a bow I will be using it. BUT, not having a ranged weapon makes me under take the game anew. Which is not a bad thing by any means :)

Archived