Bunkers

wolf359

I have a tough time with finding bunkers. I can only find one, and it doesn't always spawn in PV. Do others exist? I am starting to wonder. I downloaded some maps, and they show bunkers on each map. I guess the fact that they keep moving doesn't help.I like the bunkers as they give you some cover when your far from home base.

On a side note, I bought this game about 4 months ago, and I can't stop playing it. Longest run was 74 days, and it came to an end in such a dumb way. Freezing while harvesting a bear. I am just starting to play on stalker, but it's not for me, to many wolves!!

There are definitely at least two in each instance of the game, one in ML and one in PL. From what I know, there never are bunkers in CH but there can be more than one in PL, unless they changed it and I missed it, but I'm pretty sure it's like this.

The bunkers have several types that can spawn, and each type has predefined spawn point (if type A for example which is the food bunker, is picked for spawn on that playthrough, and it has more than 1 possible location on map, then it will be in one of those locations).

Personally I don't beeline for bunkers in a new game, sure if my spawn point happens to be nearby a bunker location I know, I'll check it out, but otherwise they can wait until I settle in a bit and get the basic necessities.

I'm playing xbox version. Does anyone know if the bunkers spawn differently vs the pc version since all the maps on the Internet are probably pc version. I haven't found one yet. I haven't looked at every spot yet. I have about 3 bunker locations that I haven't checked yet. I'm about 32 days in with 8 bullets left so I could use a bunker my prolong my existence in this great game.

I'm playing xbox version. Does anyone know if the bunkers spawn differently vs the pc version since all the maps on the Internet are probably pc version. I haven't found one yet. I haven't looked at every spot yet. I have about 3 bunker locations that I haven't checked yet. I'm about 32 days in with 8 bullets left so I could use a bunker my prolong my existence in this great game.

I think I just answered you in another thread, but I'll repeat it here for anyone else that happens across this one:

Bunkers appear in both the XBox and Steam versions of the game. The game is essentially identical on all platforms at this stage. The maps are exactly the same, but the spawns are semi-random...So, you may have a map of where others have found bunkers, but it may take you a while to locate where in your game the bunker has decided to appear. As others have mentioned, the content of the bunkers is also somewhat random, so it's often best not to count on it too much or waste too many resources trying to find it unless you're very well-prepared or very desperate.

Good luck!

@bethany:

Could the devs (if it's not too late since it involves our beloved voice actors to take part) add an audio cue when you find a bunker? Like your character could say: Wow I'd be damn! Now this is something worth investigating (maybe not on that tone, but you get the idea) to add that bit extra on finding the extremely rare / valuable caches :)

Archived