Bearskin Bedroll

exeexe

So i just made it!

I made the bearskin bedroll after some 90 days on stalker :mrgreen:

Anyway i thought it required 2 bearskins, but it only took 1. So now i have 1 bearskin in surplus. Any bidders? :D

Also i tried to place the bs bedroll between me and a wolf that was agroing. The wolf just walked right over the bs bedroll. So how does the bs bedroll scare of them pathetic meatproviders aka wolves? (as the description says)..

Congratulations!

The bedroll is not meant to be a deterrent in the way you imagine, but rather a way to allow you a greater possibility of sleeping outdoors without worrying about being attacked. So, you have to be actively using the bedroll to gain this added layer of protection. Like the flare and torch, it's not 100% effective, but it should give you a hand from time to time.

If a wolf is aggroing already, you need to use a flare or a torch assuming it hasn't already gone into charge mode. You can also use a decoy. If it's charging you (what it does within 10-15 feet or so) you aren't going to be able to get it off without a fight in my experience, unless you can get through a door.

Yes, if it's clear a wolf is interested in you, don't go to sleep. The bearskin bedroll is meant to act as a deterrent when you're already sleeping and a predator comes near you, not as a preventative measure when you're awake and the predator has already decided to attack. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my post!

Yes, if it's clear a wolf is interested in you, don't go to sleep. The bearskin bedroll is meant to act as a deterrent when you're already sleeping and a predator comes near you, not as a preventative measure when you're awake and the predator has already decided to attack. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my post!

I`ve been wondering about this for some time. Never had the guts to try it out in my current run (as I'm going for the One with Nature achievement).

Imagine you are hunting down some kind of animal for food. And then, as you get nearer, that animal notices your presence, suddenly takes out a bedroll made out of human skins and - within a second - goes to sleep in it, right before you! I mean, picture that, it would be the spookiest thing ever, and I swear I wouldn't touch the thing, but rather sneak off as quietly as possible. So I would understand if a wolf actually displayed corresponding behaviour.

• 3 weeks later...

Imagine you are hunting down some kind of animal for food. And then, as you get nearer, that animal notices your presence, suddenly takes out a bedroll made out of human skins and - within a second - goes to sleep in it, right before you! I mean, picture that, it would be the spookiest thing ever, and I swear I wouldn't touch the thing, but rather sneak off as quietly as possible. So I would understand if a wolf actually displayed corresponding behaviour.

I am terrified of the bears so I haven't dared to go near one. I steer far clear. Wolves are problem enough. But this post made me laugh my ass off. :shock:

Archived