bed in carter hydro

I've been using the dam as a base for the last ~60 days and the first step to balance it and start to make it and ML, you know, not broken, is to move the fire barrel behind the one way door so you only have fire outside - like on Signal Hill - and to remove the work bench as there’s another one inside the dam transition which you never use; it being there has no use except than looting its drawer.

Adding a bed would make it beyond broken, a nice base in the middle of two transitions, come on, you're joking, right?

Don't take it personally, take it seriously ( ˘ ³˘)♥

It's not meant to be used as a long term shelter. The fire barrel is placed there to help early exploration of the dam (when your clothing is not enough to keep you above 0C during nights) and to give you an option to cook Fluffy's meat inside instead of having to go out the building.

But yeah, having a bed inside - given the HUGE storage space available and easy access to 2 world locations would be a huge no no, as all other locations that can fit for a long term shelter would lose most of the appeal.

Then again there are players - like myself - who play the game more in a RP style than pure survival. I prefer the small cottage / cabin near X-road in PV as my main base (no fire barrel / oven etc inside) instead of the Farm or other bigger / better locations.

All you have to do is put down an extra sleeping bag and leave it there.. I do it with all the extras to give me a place to sleep when no bed is available. I try not to carry one with me most of the time to free up weight.

That's also going to tear your bedrolls up much faster, an issue if you're trying to run as long as a game as possible. I try not to have more than one bedroll decaying at a time. I leave them all where I find them until I need one.

And yes, as others have said, having a bed in Carter would make it too great of a base. It already has fire starting and a work bench in it, and it's location is one of the best in the games in regards to getting to the other maps, the fact that saplings tend to spawn heavily on that corner of the map, and there is fantastic hunting and trapping options on that corner of the map.

Archived