Wolves on the Lake? No. Just no.

bren_donnelly

Why TF are there deer and wolves out on mystery lake? There's no reason for a deer to be there, which means there's no reason for the wolves to be there either. I don't like to have to pack heat just to go fishing...

Here's an idea: Maybe tone the wolves down a little bit, so that they're a little less aggressive. Doesn't have to be much. Also, GET THEM OFF OF THE FECKING LAKE. Then, I think you should set them up so that they are more likely to appear at certain times (i.e. late evening, nighttime...). Finally, maybe you could add a sort of wolves den somewhere in the game with a gigantic payoff for killing like 10 wolves at once (dam? Fluffy x10?). Maybe the reward could be a bunch of ammo or something else that runs out fairly quickly. I think all of these things would make the game a lot more interesting.

Love the game. It's my favorite way to wind down after a long day, and I never get tired of playing it. Hope my input was helpful and I can't wait for the full release!

Why TF are there deer and wolves out on mystery lake? There's no reason for a deer to be there, which means there's no reason for the wolves to be there either. I don't like to have to pack heat just to go fishing...

Here's an idea: Maybe tone the wolves down a little bit, so that they're a little less aggressive. Doesn't have to be much. Also, GET THEM OFF OF THE FECKING LAKE. Then, I think you should set them up so that they are more likely to appear at certain times (i.e. late evening, nighttime...). Finally, maybe you could add a sort of wolves den somewhere in the game with a gigantic payoff for killing like 10 wolves at once (dam? Fluffy x10?). Maybe the reward could be a bunch of ammo or something else that runs out fairly quickly. I think all of these things would make the game a lot more interesting.

Love the game. It's my favorite way to wind down after a long day, and I never get tired of playing it. Hope my input was helpful and I can't wait for the full release!

Deer would travel to that lake during the summer months to drink. It's only natural they would continue travelling through the area even during winter. Wolves will follow the deer, as well as natural seeking a water source that they find familiar. Like it or not, that's nature for ya.

I would love to hear OP's idea for killing 10 wolves at a den at once.

On a serious note, wolves on lake are fine, same with deer. Be happy you don't get interrupted by a black bear when fishing, now that would be horrifying.

PS: you can avoid the wolf(ves) on lake and fish without being interrupted, various methods to do so - experiment away after analyzing patrolling patterns / behavior of wildlife ^_^

Yeah the wolves are pretty easy to avoid on the lake, and once you're in a fishing hut you're safe. Just be careful when going, and if necessary use a decoy (one of the super underused tools available to the player imo..)

And yeah, killing 10 wolves at once is never going to happen, you'd be mauled to death in seconds at best.

Archived