Survival Crafting

Crisius

I'd like to see some expanded options in this area and a couple tweaks. First off, stones/small rocks for fires. In Arctic environments like that, you could sleep on top of the stones previously used in a fire if you had a bit of cover between you and the stones. It's a nice little trick.

Also Arrows/Bows. I'd like to see a couple changes personally. The "curing time" is ridiculous, to get straight arrows you take a straight stick, skin it and roast it straight. Even with a bow made from a single piece of wood, you can carve and tie up the string in 2-3 hours with a decent knife. (Speaking from experience). Get a decent enough piece of wood and you can have a 25-35# draw on it too. Arrows with wooden (carved/whittled) tips are sharp enough to penetrate through 1/4" thick plywood with even leaves used as fletching and that would still only take 4-5 minutes to do up on the arrows once you have a straight shaft.

I'd love for a re-working of the calories/thirst drain levels. Really makes me feel like I'm playing Day Z. Walk from one side of Mystery Lake to the other and I need water and 1000+ calories.

I understand having different animals being used for different pieces of gear. But I'd like the option to make a deer skin jacket, deer skin mittens, etc. Same with all other animals.

• 4 weeks later...
collecting stones? shit I weigh enough as is. Why would I want to weigh myself down with stones!

Even if they give you a warmth buff and some extra time before you catch hypothermia? It's about the utilization, rather than making a rock collection. But they could also be dropped in the 'trail of breadcrumbs' manner to follow around when you want to park a path for yourself. Hopefully they'd have a bit more visibility in the snow than sticks. Bigger stone = more weight but also = greater warmth and greater visibility in the terrain. And I'm sure the creative geniuses and Hinterland could come up with more uses for them.

I'd like to see some expanded options in this area and a couple tweaks. First off, stones/small rocks for fires. In Arctic environments like that, you could sleep on top of the stones previously used in a fire if you had a bit of cover between you and the stones. It's a nice little trick.

Hot stones can be used for cooking too if you have a container; that would be another radical change if they decided to go with being able to manipulate objects in the live environment.

I'd love for a re-working of the calories/thirst drain levels. Really makes me feel like I'm playing Day Z. Walk from one side of Mystery Lake to the other and I need water and 1000+ calories.

I think the increased calorie usage may be due in part to players who insist on running a lot and carrying excess loads. I think moving about needs to be more deliberate and the aim is for the game to require this kind of thinking and planning. Obviously once someone records Youtube video showing a successful strategy, then people will copy it. I like that we have to adapt our game strategy to the new rules of the game :!: :twisted:

Archived