Let Hinterland team give us their vision!!!

Denyo

Many of you will probably react negative on my post,but i simply must give my voice out.

Lately,this spring and summer,I noticed this community changed.Most of good old guys and girls are away from it temporarly or permanent.Only few of them are still partialy active here.Instead,many new people appeared,fullfilling forums with complaints,whinning and demands.I don`t know,if many of those,who are fresh in forums,own game for long time already or are just new,fresh players.But the fact is,that lately it can be seen mostly posts from people with less than 10 or even 50 posts in forums.

And there is no more suggestions to the game,which Hinterland team so appreciated.No. :( Now there are only complaints,how bad game is designed and only demands,how game should be designed.It is like with buying game you think you have right to have controll at developing game.Like with buying game you have rights,to be developers of the game.

And with this attitude you show no respect to Hinterland team and their amazing work.There is constructive criticism and suggestions,and there are complaints and demands.

There is so much,I feel need to write down,coz I feel so much dissapointment,reading all that negativity towards Hinterland team,which sometimes clearly have insulting notes.I know,Hinterland team will still be on your side and will try to understand you and try keeping everyone happy and they will say that things are not that bad,as I may see them.But,I know,what I read and what I see,so despite all encouragement I am and will remain very sad coz of all this happenings.

I don`t know and I don`t care,what will happen with this post of mine and I don`t care for all negative or hostile replies.I felt I have to express my feelings and I did.

Just,for God`s sake!! Before you go attack with complaints and demands this great team,just think inside yourselves.Do not try to underestimate their vision,which they are trying so hard to present to us.Doing that,it is like visitors in paint art museum would tell Vincent Van Gogh how should his famous painting be drawn.

LET HINTERLAND TEAM GIVE US THEIR VISION !!!!

It's a community forum expect to see all kinds of posts! specially seeing the game is still in alpha.

I'm sure the Hinterland team can handle it :) they are professionals and no doubt appreciate any type of feedback good or bad. I have really only seen one rude post, but that is just a kid spitting the dummy which I found pretty funny!

Going by post count, you are old, I'm new. I get your point, but as Nicko says, they are Pro's, they've seen it all before.

I think 2 things would cut down a lot of the posts you are referring to.

1. They bang out that FAQ post they are working on.

2. Someone go through the wish list posts, and make one list.

Now number 1 is coming. But I doubt anyone thought of number 2. It'd cut down on repeat wishes, and we could address some of the impossible ones. It'd go something like this.

Wish list

1. Add more animals. In progress

2. Multiplayer. Not happening

3. Less Wolves. Still tweaking

4. Rabbit hat.

5. Smokers. Interesting

6. Less Blue.

7. Jumping.

8. More placeable items. We'll see.

9. HUd options

10. and so on.....

One would have to be impartial, keep it short, current/updated, and dig though a number of posts to see if devs responded and what response it got. But it might accomplish your goal. In the end, it's pretty obvious who's ranting, dreaming, or here for the long haul.

I've gone though a lot of the official wiki, so I'm excited, and here for the long haul. 1 year or two from now, we'll probably see the same posts anyways.

Well, I had to check the number of my posts before I write this ;) - looks I am someone from the "old guys", and don't despair, Denyo, I am still here! Though not quite as often, because I have been unfaithful, playing other games :D

Anyway, I am with Denyo on this a little, but my impression is it is happening more on the steam forums than here. And we should keep in mind that only a small fraction of players comment on forums at all, so there is a huge majority of players whose opinion we don't know.

It is my impression that it has become a little quiet here on the Hinterland forums, with new people repeatedly asking for the same things (craftable spear, houses) or complaining about wolves or "realism". Maybe the devs are working hard on the story mode, and we all go into a state of waiting-hibernation, only waking up once in a while to play a little and go back to waiting...

..... And there is no more suggestions to the game,which Hinterland team so appreciated.No. :( Now there are only complaints,how bad game is designed and only demands,how game should be designed.It is like with buying game you think you have right to have controll at developing game.Like with buying game you have rights,to be developers of the game....

Hinterland is a business and players are its customers. Recently the business asked the customers to post reviews on Steam, unless they were negative, in which case it was hoped the customers would voice negative feedback on this forum instead. If that's too unpleasant, then perhaps you could browse the forum for topics of interest rather than reading posts that are clearly not relevant to you.

In any case, I see no need for players to treat Hinterland like our beloved Babcia. There are aspects of the game that are obviously contrived to generate difficulty, and they're more irksome than fun. If players calling them on these concerns leads to more ingenious hazards in the game, then that's the best possible outcome for us all.

I think this is a result of the game becoming more popular, getting out to more people - more specifically a lot of new people who got it through the steam summer sale (myself included actually). There will always be the entitled arrogant ones who do not understand the concept of "early access" and "alpha".

I hope I'm not one, and I try not to be ;)

Random Fires idea of a complete list is very good, and has worked with other games. But it requires a lot of effort, as said.

I think this is a result of the game becoming more popular, getting out to more people - more specifically a lot of new people who got it through the steam summer sale (myself included actually). There will always be the entitled arrogant ones who do not understand the concept of "early access" and "alpha".

Agreed. Most game community boards are not enjoyable places; players are used to the negative feelings and attitudes within most forums and bring them to a new forum when they join.

TLD forum has been different generally, with a lot of great discussions and interesting suggestions/feedback. Hopefully this can be retained-- and I think it will be (or at least has a decent chance ;) ), because of the kind of game it is, and the type of player it caters to.

Anyway, Welcome Ninjakebab! And keep the faith, Denyo :)

I understand what OP is saying, there is a difference between suggestions, and just making demands about how the game needs to be.

that being said, that comes with the territory of not only online forums, but a community where I'm sure there is a healthy range of ages :P.

Overall, we have a great community that's been extremely supportive and friendly. I am feeling a little shift in balance lately, and sensing more demands, but it's still a very small percentage of the community. We love suggestions, feedback, tips, stories...Everything you guys take the time to share, we take the time to read. That being said, it is nice every once in a while to see people remind each other that The Long Dark is being created not by a group making their first indie game for kicks, but by a team of seasoned and skilled professionals with a clear creative vision. It's always good to share your take on that vision, but helpful to remember that rising to address and meet some of these requests and suggestions could drastically alter the game to the point that it no longer matches that vision. As a player, I have total faith in this team, and I hope others feel the same -- Most seem to!

My bottom line is that I love this community. You guys are a big part of what's made this experience so special and unique, and I'm happy it's growing the way it is. I think we can maintain a great sense of community here if we're willing to make the effort =)

Archived