The BIG and Marvellous Kebab Wishlist

Ninjakebab

This is my big list of wishes and changes - some may fit better in the feedback section go ahead and move as necessary. I have compiled and thought of these in my 50 day run.

Some of these points have also been suggested by others before, but I find them so crucial they deserve a re-mention.

1. AFK cooking/mass cooking - like allowing 10L of water to boil unattended, and choosing to cook 5kg of meat at once.
  2. Different textures for carcasses depending on degree on intactness. A skinny sack of bones for a carcass with no meat left, skinless blob of meat for a skinned one and a bloody skeleton for a completey harvested beast.
  3. Overheating from running - there should be a hydration and energy penalty + heat bonus!
  4. The ability to move kills - rabbits in the backpack, deer/wolf over the shoulders.
  5. A difference in the cooking abilities of the stove vs. pot belly vs. fireplace - in order of descending bonuses. The stove visibly has pots and pans, these should allow better retaining of meat calories, maybe quicker cooking of water.
  6. Stamina bar - infinite running is a hard in snow yo!
  7. The ability to melt snow without a fire, but with bodyheat - cold and energy penalty for this.
  8. Allow taking water directly from fishing holes/waterfalls.
  9. Crafting anywhere, but with big downsides like more time required, less repaired%. Maybe some complex items should be workbench only.
  10. Allow placing all objects - like the lantern.
  11. A simple UI view of your character and what he/she is wearing. Makes crafting clothes so much more satisfying when seeing how shique you look ;)
  12. Resting (indoors) or waiting anywhere. When resting on cold floor without bedroll = -5°C penalty and less fatigue/health restored.
  13. Hints/tooltips on loading/progress screens - like "You can harvest cloth for bandages", "Wolves are more attracted to you if you carry meat" and so forth.
  14. Renewable methods of firestarting - like crafting a bowdrill/hand-drill or an icelens. With horrible percentage chances of lighting.
  15. Better balance of the calorie density of the meat, have these animals been starved?! See my post here: Feedback on calorie density

And then 3 special wishes:
  16. Aurorae! With the geomagnetic event, spectacular lightshows might be expected
  17. A very cold map - impossible to live here without good crafted fur-gear! Makes for a lategame sandbox challenge to visit, once you are well outfitted.
  18. 4 new achievement suggestions:
    "Is that a compound bow?!" - kill a rabbit with the bow from 20 meters or more
    "Hermit" - do not step outside for 7 consecutive days and nights
    "Oh no you didn't!" - harvest a Wolf coat with 70% condition or more
    "Surgical archery" - kill a bear with a single arrow

Thanks for reading! I love the game so far, and seeing some of these come true would only make it even better.

Also, I didn't mean to steal any ideas, as I know some of these have been mentioned before, but like I said - I thought these up independently and believe they deserve more mentioning as they are crucial.

This is my big list of wishes and changes - some may fit better in the feedback section go ahead and move as necessary. I have compiled and thought of these in my 50 day run.

Some of these points have also been suggested by others before, but I find them so crucial they deserve a re-mention.

1. AFK cooking/mass cooking - like allowing 10L of water to boil unattended, and choosing to cook 5kg of meat at once.
  2. Different textures for carcasses depending on degree on intactness. A skinny sack of bones for a carcass with no meat left, skinless blob of meat for a skinned one and a bloody skeleton for a completey harvested beast.
  3. Overheating from running - there should be a hydration and energy penalty + heat bonus!
  4. The ability to move kills - rabbits in the backpack, deer/wolf over the shoulders.
  5. A difference in the cooking abilities of the stove vs. pot belly vs. fireplace - in order of descending bonuses. The stove visibly has pots and pans, these should allow better retaining of meat calories, maybe quicker cooking of water.
  6. Stamina bar - infinite running is a hard in snow yo!
  7. The ability to melt snow without a fire, but with bodyheat - cold and energy penalty for this.
  8. Allow taking water directly from fishing holes/waterfalls.
  9. Crafting anywhere, but with big downsides like more time required, less repaired%. Maybe some complex items should be workbench only.
  10. Allow placing all objects - like the lantern.
  11. A simple UI view of your character and what he/she is wearing. Makes crafting clothes so much more satisfying when seeing how shique you look ;)
  12. Resting (indoors) or waiting anywhere. When resting on cold floor without bedroll = -5°C penalty and less fatigue/health restored.
  13. Hints/tooltips on loading/progress screens - like "You can harvest cloth for bandages", "Wolves are more attracted to you if you carry meat" and so forth.
  14. Renewable methods of firestarting - like crafting a bowdrill/hand-drill or an icelens. With horrible percentage chances of lighting.
  15. Better balance of the calorie density of the meat, have these animals been starved?! See my post here: Feedback on calorie density

And then 3 special wishes:
  16. Aurorae! With the geomagnetic event, spectacular lightshows might be expected
  17. A very cold map - impossible to live here without good crafted fur-gear! Makes for a lategame sandbox challenge to visit, once you are well outfitted.
  18. 4 new achievement suggestions:
    "Is that a compound bow?!" - kill a rabbit with the bow from 20 meters or more
    "Hermit" - do not step outside for 7 consecutive days and nights
    "Oh no you didn't!" - harvest a Wolf coat with 100% condition
    "Surgical archery" - kill a bear with a single arrow

Thanks for reading! I love the game so far, and seeing some of these come true would only make it even better.

Also, I didn't mean to steal any ideas, as I know some of these have been mentioned before, but like I said - I thought these up independently and believe they deserve more mentioning as they are crucial.

+1

Only I don't understand your "Oh no you didn't!" achievement. How do you harvest a wolf coat? You would have to harvest it off another player! Or do you mean a wolf skin/hide?

+1

Only I don't understand your "Oh no you didn't!" achievement. How do you harvest a wolf coat? You would have to harvest it off another player! Or do you mean a wolf skin/hide?

=

I think he means harvest it for bits, right after spending the time to craft it. It's silly achievement of course, but I like it a lot! :) and the others as well.

Yes :) Seeing as "Harvest" is the first option in the action list, this might happen by mistake to some people when exploring what it requires for a repair. Hmm, thinking of it I think I will change the condition req. to 70%.

Would be fun with an achievement as a "Dunce-prize", or one to pursue when you're bored and have a plethora of wolf pelts.

Thx guys

Archived