Game crashing when entering outdoors of main zones

In a current long play through (about 165+ days in) the game is constantly crashing the second time, sometimes third time, I exit out into the "Outdoors" of main zones either from interiors, like a house, or at the end of a transition zone. Problem started to occur infrequently after first discovering and exploring Pleasant Valley. The crashes were only limited to playing in PV, but overtime it's gotten so bad now it affects every zone.

I have verified the integrity of the game files through Steam, but it hasn't helped.

OS is WinXP. Attached output_log.txt.

output_log.txt

Are all your drivers on your computer up to date? Which display settings to you play with? What are your specs?

Jeremy

All drivers are up to date for WinXP. Display settings are 1920x1080 Ultra. PC specs are: Intel Core2Duo X6800 @ 2.93Ghz, 4MB RAM, GeForce GTX750 1Mb VRAM. The game runs extremely well at those display setting with my crusty old specs. :D

As a test I reinstalled a previous play through which I had save scummed and then abandoned. That play through is about 50+ days in and doesn't have any problems. I can go in and out of interiors until I'm blue in the face with no crashes. It is worth noting that I had explored some of PV in this play through, but had not visited or entered the Pleasant Valley Farmstead yet.

I guess something has crept into my current game save and it's become corrupt? I suspect Pleasant Valley Farmstead since I didn't have problems until after visiting it.

Yea that does sound like something go corrupted if the game is running fine and not crashing. If it does do that again could you send me the save001 folder which is located here: C:\Users\(Computer Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark

We can take a look at it and see if there's anything wrong in it.

Jeremy@hinterlandgames.com

Jeremy

Archived