sleeping / using fire

snowdrop

Sleeping

a) When using a bed there should be the option "Sleep until daylight (x h)", so you don't have to do this manually every time as it is currently.

b) When in bed-menu, info like "Calories saved compared to staying awake" for the same time you want to sleep should also be displayed.

Fire

a) When cooking, melting water et.c. it should show how much fire time there will be left after the cooking has finished.

b) It should also warn you or not allow you to cook x amount if fire will go out in the middle of the cooking. Right now I have to guess/write down et.c. how much fire/wood time will be consumed from cooking.

c) Info about how much extra burning time a select wood that's put into the fire will bring you before you put it in.

d) Slightly varying quality of wood, even among trees of the same kind.

b) When in bed-menu, info like "Calories saved compared to staying awake" for the same time you want to sleep should also be displayed.

Not sure how this would be calculated. I know some awake activities have different costs, but I don't know all the costs, and personally don't meta-game the calories enough to worry about it since starvation is the least of the dangers I worry about. :)

a) When cooking, melting water et.c. it should show how much fire time there will be left after the cooking has finished.

b) It should also warn you or not allow you to cook x amount if fire will go out in the middle of the cooking. Right now I have to guess/write down et.c. how much fire/wood time will be consumed from cooking.

You'll learn these times fairly quickly, especially if you're writing them down. I can see how both these could be helpful for new players (or if they make cooking different weights of meat take different amounts of time).

c) Info about how much extra burning time a select wood that's put into the fire will bring you before you put it in.

I could swear I've seen this in the add firewood display already. Are you talking about including this in the item description of the wood?

Archived