Crash when exiting house to Pleasant Valley

thratchen

Arrived at Pleasant Valley for the first time. Went down the hill to a location called 'Rural Crossroads'. Entered the first house I came to.

On attempting to exit, I CTD with a message suggesting I send my error log to the developers. Thus, here I am with an error log.

This is 100% repro if I load my save game. Forcing a new save by resting with the bedroll inside the house doesn't fix the problem; I still CTD on exit.

I'm not expecting a fix for this savegame; I'll just start a new game and pretend the bear I saw also saw me and came over to eat me. :) But I've attached the logs for your reference in case they help you track down the cause.

output_log.txt

error.log

Actually, I take it back. This is now happening occasionally whenever I move from an interior to the outdoors in Pleasant Valley. I'm attaching the latest output log.

This basically makes PV unplayable, because I can't predict if my game will abruptly end when I move from one place to another. Alas.

output_log.txt

Guest mcopeman

Thanks for posting! Try this: Left click on the Long Dark, select Properties, click the tab "Local Files" and press "verify integrity of game Cache".

Melody~

Archived