Xbox one wish list

ChefxRoyal

Hello, first let me start by saying that i love this game, i like the idea of "Real Survival". Browsing through the forum i love everyone's ideas so i would add mine. Sorry if some were already posted and excuse my English since its not my primary language.

• During the day i think houses should be brighter inside. After all the sunlight is coming in.Maybe after cleaning the windows?
  • Harvest car battery for lights in the house.
  • Harvest alternator to make wind power turbines.
  • Options to clean/rebuild houses or base.
  • Jump button.
  • Craft backpack or be able to take backpack to carry more weight.
  • Add more wildlife
  • Add seasons. Not sure how the weather is there but is the snow on the ground every month?
  • If will it be possible adding season why not being able to grow stuff in spring and summer.
  • Be able to plant/grow Maple Saplings and Birch Saplings.
  • Since i am a chef i would like a Chef's knife lol that will harvest animals faster.
  • Since wolf attack in packs why not have them attack u once a week, give the player waring with wolfs getting close.
  • More traps, bigger. to kill bears or dears and wolfs, by putting bait on them.
  • Pick up or turn or drag a killed animal making it easier to retrieve the arrow.
  • Craft throwing knifes.
  • Dog companion. But he never dies lol. And he can carry stuff with crafted dog bag.
  • Curing meat for longer shelf life.

Well sorry if that was a lot lol i have more to add but ill stop here for now. 8-)

Welcome to the forums. I think you'll find most of these have been suggested by players, and a good chunk are actually planned by the Devs for the future. Stick around and read some older posts.

I do like the Battery idea. Perhaps not for lighting, but harvesting for chemicals would be useful.

Anyways, welcome again.

No need to apologize! Even if an idea has been suggested before, it's not uncommon for new discussion to emerge, especially when new players are involved. I do heavily suggest the search function to players because, apart from the fact that it can be super helpful, we have a lot of interesting threads to read.

Either way, always feel free to post stories, suggestions, and feedback. We're all excited to hear from new members, and curious to know what our new XBox players are thinking. Welcome to the forums!

Just wondering, why is this wish list only for the XBox One?

Not sure, but I think the OP might simply mean that as a new TLD player on XB1, these are their observations or thoughts while playing the game on the console...

Many players aren't aware that the PC and Console versions are the same [apart from the slight version difference which was needed for E3 to lock in].

Just wondering, why is this wish list only for the XBox One?

Sorry i meant as an xbox one player.

Electricity cannot really be added because of the result of the geomagnetic disaster.

Meaning all electrical devices are fried right? But at least during the daylight would be nice if inside the houses will be a bit brighter.

Sorry, should have specified, the game's official wiki.

I think the game's official wiki is still a fan project, it's not set up or maintained by Hinterland staff. What you see on the wiki is the interpretation of the fans maintaining the wiki of the information they've gathered. So it may not be all 100% accurate or true.

The exact nature of the geo-magnetic disaster in TLD is something the devs have been very tight-lipped about. It will be explained in the story mode of the game when that's released, and they want to keep it as much of a surprise for us as possible. So we will have to wait until the story mode is released until we will know for sure if electricity will be a possibility in TLD.

It is true though that around the time of the Kickstarter campaign it has been mentioned that at times devices like radio's, televisions and lights may start working for a while. But it is also possible that they've changed their minds about that in the mean time. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Electricity cannot really be added because of the result of the geomagnetic disaster.

Meaning all electrical devices are fried right? But at least during the daylight would be nice if inside the houses will be a bit brighter.

Not necessarily. An EMP would indeed fry all electronics and destroy them beyond repair. It is possible however that the geo-magnetic disaster in TLD is something quite different and more of an ongoing event that only supresses devices from working, not actually destroying them.

Not necessarily. An EMP would indeed fry all electronics and destroy them beyond repair. It is possible however that the geo-magnetic disaster in TLD is something quite different and more of an ongoing event that only supresses devices from working, not actually destroying them.

Oh i see, didnt know that was an ongoing event, i thought it was the results of a solar flare that usually last up to 4 days.

Not saying it is an ongoing event, just saying it might be. The devs have said something to that extend a long time ago in an interview, so it's possible. But we really don't know what the event is exactly, and we probably won't until the final game is released.

Everybody just assumes because they call it an geo-magnetic disaster that it's something like an EMP or a solar flare. I'm just trying to remind people that may not be the case and whatever the event in the game may be it doesn't have to be something that could happen IRL. It is a fictional game after all.

In the interview Raph (I think it was Raph) said something to this extend: during moments of high activity of the event the aurora would flare up and radio's and streetlights might start working for a short while.

That would mean the devices are not broken by the event, it only stops them from working somehow. It also means the event is an ongoing thing. But like I said in my previous post, this is from a long time ago and it may not be true now. Maybe they've changed it to something else.

Oh ok, i didnt know that. Since i am new to the game i didnt really know about all that lol Thanks for the explanations. If Ralph said about Aurora Borealis activity flaring up during the event well that makes me think about one thing, that we are getting bombarded with solar flares, so that could be the explanation. Since the sun reverses its magnetic poles every 11 years well that could be it. Every 11 years we are more likely to get stronger solar flares. Actually if i am not mistaken back in 2010 we were missed not by much, by a big solar flare that could've done some major damage.

Anyway back to the topic i still think that during the daylight should be brighter in the houses since there are windows.

Archived