The Witcher 3 to Have Over 100 Hours of Content

@Raph [Hinterland] think of it as a TV series that you can keep coming back to over a period of a few weeks :)

Or you can just marathon it and then marathon it again and again and again to see all 36 endings.... well we can, you have a game to make :P

My friend Tom Ohle is the VP of marketing over at CDP. I've always loved the Witcher games and I have a lot of respect for their team. I am sure it will be a quality experience.

@Dave , on an unrelated note I got Cards Against humanity, which I hadn't heard of before you said it was your favorite game on the Reddit AMA, and it is a great game to play with friends, we had a blast with it the other night, thanks for the heads up on such a fun game.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dave , on an unrelated note I got Cards Against humanity, which I hadn't heard of before you said it was your favorite game on the Reddit AMA, and it is a great game to play with friends, we had a blast with it the other night, thanks for the heads up on such a fun game.

This is easily one of the most hilarious games ever! The description of "Apples to Apples for horrible people" is pretty accurate. If you have the right group to play with it is a blast. If you haven't done it yet, we usually add Rando to the game. Rando being a ghost player, so we draw a random response for Rando on each turn. The sad thing is that Rando has actually won before. There are some priceless moments when you play.

• 1 year later...

Currently pre paring to build a new PC to be able to run this on ultra settings... I am probably not going to sleep much once this drops. I'm also not upset they pushed the release back, gives me more time to get a computer set up and it gives them time to not release it with shit tonnes of bugs like AC Unity...

If you guys haven't already seriously read the books, they are fantastic, just wish they were all translated to english. On the plus side if you speak/read Polish you're golden! also i think there's spanish and german versions of the books translated. For english, theres the first 3 of the series of like 6 plus the one book of short stories which i recommend reading before you start the series. Reading the books will A) make you want the Witcher 3 more B) help you understand the world more C) Know a bit more on wtf is about to go down in the Witcher 3... cause srsly... shits gunna get real!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!

Jeremy

Yeah, can't wait to play it, hope it's not only playable on NASA computers.

Note: the game was based on books, not the other way. Some people may avoid book, cause crap like books based on Assassins Creed games or STALKER books, but no, it's not the case here. Books themselves built the rich world, which game was based upon.

Great books, great game, also W1 was the first polish game that went really global, so brings a tear to my eye :mrgreen:

If you guys haven't already seriously read the books, they are fantastic, just wish they were all translated to english.

me too ;) I have them all here but in Polish and I need like 15 minutes to read one paragraph lol. I speak and understand Polish well enough though, so my second TW2 playthrough I did with Polish vocals and after that I've watched all the Polish TV episodes and movies. It's a fantastic universe Sapkowski created and the story telling in TW2 hasn't been matched in any game since, not even DA:Inquisition.

So yeah I am very much looking forward to TW3, for years now to be precise ;)

• 1 month later...

The books have a unique satirical quality that the game managed to reflect in Geralt's snarkiness and the interactions between characters. This is going to be great.

Also, Ciri and grandpa Geralt's designs? Top notch. Can't wait to play as them.

Archived