Containers Resetting

dr badhat

So I'm loving the game and I'm in my first decent run where I haven't been killed by wolves/blizzards in the first 24 hours... I've actually made it to 42 days and made the trip from mystery lake to pleasant valley. I've been holed up in the farmhouse for a week with a huge stockpile of meat, but I just loaded up my save and every container has reset. The good news is I had my bow and gun on me when I last saved... But I've lost all birch saplings, scrap metal, food, fire starter, pry bar, quality tools, etc. It's super depressing. It looks like all my skins and guts that were curing on the floor have disappeared too :(

This just happened to me again, when returning to the Radio Control Hut. I had a bunch of stuff curing on the floor, things in every container. The whole area resets, not just the containers. I tried everything, leaving, returning, reloading, restarting. Nothing worked. It's disheartening, but it comes with play testing an alpha game. :cry:

I'll probably start over with another user, and maybe I can get my stuff back somehow with the original user.

Guest mcopeman

Is it only happening with containers or do items on the floor disappear as well? For people in the farmhouse, do items appear/disappear when you go through different doors?

Melody~

This just happened to me again, with another user's character. I started in a different location this time. I did find one commonality. After progressing through all four areas, then returning to the Coastal Highway, I went to the gas station and all containers and items had reset. The abandoned lookout also had reset. Maybe it has to do with traveling between areas, as this didn't happen in my longer-played game until I had traversed all areas via the ravine. It happened in this shorter-played session after that, so it seems logical.

I tried again, and this time got a different result. Starting in Mystery Lake, I got all my stuff together at the Camp Office and then made my way through all the areas. When I returned to the office, everything was as I left it, and the containers were unchanged, with my things in them.

I'm going to continue through the world, back to the Radio Hut and see if it resets like in my other game.

Archived