Foraging Bug

NEVERscream

I was at the Forestry tower and I walked outside to forage for wood and it said it would take 1h 15m but around 11 hours went by and I shut my Xbox off to fix the problem and loaded back in and then foraged again and it worked fine the second time. I had started to lose condition very quickly is the reason I shut my Xbox off. I also could not cancel the foraging process.

• 3 weeks later...

My boyfriend was playing his first time. Playing on Voyageur and in one of the lake cabins, on his second day, He decided to forage for reclaimed wood. When he asked me if the loading screen should be taking as long as it was for three pieces of wood; I told him to cancel and it wouldn't. I sat there spamming the B button to cancel while sitting there flabbergasted as his condition dropped to zero and he died. I thought it would be prompt of me to tell you the bug is still there. Never has happened to me yet though... All my games have pretty much been glitch free. :D Keep up the amazing work you guys! <3

Did you have a second controller plugged in or recharging? If so, try removing it so only the one controller is connected.

If that doesn't work, post again and the studio will hopefully be able to offer some other possible solutions.

I only own one controller. :)

XBOX One possible bugs?

1. While holding a lantern, drinking action causes lantern not to be held in original position.

2. Bear fell through snow at entrance to Trappers homestead, could hear it but not see/shoot it.

3. "Condition too low to harvest" on fresh kills, specifically; a bear and Fluffy in the Dam even though I was 100%.

4. Lag when loading map "Chunks"? Lag when spraining ankle, sometimes on flat ground.

5. Creating wolfskin coat at workbench added coat and a bearskin bedroll, even though I had no bearskins.

6. May not be a bug but I seem to have to be point blank to hit almost anything with a rifle.

XBOX One possible bugs?

1. While holding a lantern, drinking action causes lantern not to be held in original position.

2. Bear fell through snow at entrance to Trappers homestead, could hear it but not see/shoot it.

3. "Condition too low to harvest" on fresh kills, specifically; a bear and Fluffy in the Dam even though I was 100%.

4. Lag when loading map "Chunks"? Lag when spraining ankle, sometimes on flat ground.

5. Creating wolfskin coat at workbench added coat and a bearskin bedroll, even though I had no bearskins.

6. May not be a bug but I seem to have to be point blank to hit almost anything with a rifle.

Hey GrievingSage, thanks reporting this stuff! Typically we like to have each bug in a separate thread so other users can search and see if the bug has already been reported and to better keep track of stuff. Also try to be as descriptive as possible. Here are two threads that explain what the devs are looking for and how bugs should be reported

http://www.hinterlandforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=305

http://www.hinterlandforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=698

I know its not as easy to get a screenshot on the XBox so its even more important to be descriptive. Keep them bugs a coming :]

Guest mcopeman

Hey there! I have a few questions about your bugs.

3. What are you seeing when you try to harvest? What happens? You should be able to harvest at any time with a fresh kill.

5. Could you give more information on this? What was your process?

Your first bug is by design (The character moves the lantern when accessing inventory) and the other ones should be fixed/improved for next update :)

Melody~

Guest mcopeman
Also, I found out that the foraging bug for the wood is also for tinder. But so far we've only seen it inside and on Voyageur mode. On Stalker and Pilgrim I didn't have any problems with foraging for wood.

This should be fixed for next update! Thanks!

Melody~

3. What are you seeing when you try to harvest? What happens? You should be able to harvest at any time with a fresh kill.

I shot a deer and was able to harvest it without tools. I came back to it next day when it was 3% frozen and it displayed this message while disallowing the harvest with or without tools. I'm on a PC though.

Guest mcopeman

I shot a deer and was able to harvest it without tools. I came back to it next day when it was 3% frozen and it displayed this message while disallowing the harvest with or without tools. I'm on a PC though.

I found out what was going on! Its talking about the condition of the deer. It was left out too long and the meat spoiled. Its a bit confusing and I passed off the message to the team. Thanks!

Melody~

Archived