Make Games Box

Thought I'd share this here in case you guys haven't seen it yet. It looks like the creators are attempting to get 1,000 pre-orders before they ship, and I'd love to see it happen. It's actually very affordable ($13.95 - $17.95.month). Seems like a really cool idea!

What am I talking about? Good question. From the Make Games site:

[align=center]Every month, you'll get a themed box with all the stuff you need to build a great video game.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

A physical game design exercise complete with all the stuff you need to get you started (dice, tiles, blank cards etc...).

A digital tutorial to help you build your coding skills, craft your own video games, and play with your friends.

An in-depth interview with a game maker (designers, artists, developers) focusing on their design process and what drives them to make the games they make.

An indie video game to download, because part of learning to make better games is playing them. Plus, it's fun.

***[/align]

This IS a box that helps you design games on your computer, but they provide you with physical components as well to help discover development skills and show that the game-making process isn't all about computers.

There are some more details on their main page and in the FAQ. If it's as good as they make it sound, I think it'd be a fun way to introduce people to this industry. Check it out!

http://makegamesbox.com/#learn-create-play

Archived