Weight missing in cooking menu

n00bas

When you are cooking the item description tells you the percentage of condition of the meat but not the weight (unless I'm blind?). I don't always want to cook all meat in my inventory because sometimes you end up with tiny pieces of raw meat. Right now there is no way to distinguish the 0,1kg and 1kg piece of meat if it has the same condition while cooking.

Please add the weight to the cooking menu so I don't have to drop the food on the floor which I don't want to cook (most likely the decoy meat).

Yeah I stopped harvesting the 0.2kg etc bits of meat because they take just as long as a 1kg piece of meat to cook. Seems like they should cook faster, since they're smaller. Keeping them as decoy meat is a good idea though, it doesn't seem like cooked meat works as well as decoy, the times I've tried, the wolves just keep coming for me.

If you leave something when you harvest, a gut or a piece of meat, it takes longer for the animal to

respawn. This can be good as it gives you a couple of wolf free days or bad as you can't use the wolf to hunt for you for a couple days. I put the small pieces in a container, the file cabinet at camp office, and grab a couple when going out to use as a decoy.

+1 for adding weights to cooking menu

It would be nice to be able to prioritize which slab of raw meat to cook first based on weight. Sometimes I come indoors just long enough to cook something while I warm up, then go back out again. I'd like to focus on cooking the prime portion instead of taking the time to do inventory management while the sun is up.

Archived