Fighting Wolves and Pacifist?

coryduran

So I was under the impression that fighting a wolf off and killing it in the process would not adversely effect your ability to get pacifist. I just went thirty days in my current stalker run before I killed anything (other than two wolves I had killed during struggles) but no pacifist, so was I wrong in my understanding of what is required, or was this changed in one of the recent patches and I'm just too late to the party? :P.

Your impression is correct! If a wolf/bear attacks you, and that attack is unprovoked, you may defend yourself. You may not chase after the wolf/bear and shoot it after that to finish it off. You are also not allowed to fish or snare rabbits. If you followed these rules, you should have received the achievement. If you did and the achievement still didn't trigger, we'll look into it!

I didn't chase after any, but I did kill two during the fights themselves, and i harvested one that I found dead later as well. What counts as the attack being provoked? No snaring or fishing, and this has happened in my last two play throughs.

Firing/shooting a weapon at the wolf/bear would be considered provoking. Shooting one of them and letting it wander off to die instead of directly killing it yourself also counts against you.

We haven't had issues with this achievement in quite a while. Usually, something happened the player didn't remember or consider important because they didn't think it would count against them. I'll ask one of our testers to double-check things are working as intended.

Might be due to the save being from an earlier build.. If you started the run before the last update then it would do as it is now. The stats for badges get reset after a build update and you have to start over with your count. So if you were on day 10 of pacifist when the game was updated then you would have to go 40 days to achieve it. Pretty sure that's how it works and how it happened for me if memory serves.. I have several hundred hours logged and it all sort of blurs together after a time. :lol:

^ That could be it as well. I always assume when people post about having issues with achievements, they're close to having started a new game. If that's not the case, there's a chance this could be it, though the save would have to be relatively old.

That would explain the last game, but this current game was started completely patched. Didn't use the gun at all, indeed just got silent hunter or whatever, didn't use the bow until day 28. Only ever fought wolves with the knife. No fishing, no snaring. Still haven't in this current game actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived