Raccoons

Carbunkel

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but if not I'd like to see them added.

As a food source they're kinda crappy, but we could have raccoon hats. As well if you add searchable dens you could randomly add things like scrap metal (cause all the raccoons I dealt with back home loved the shinies) and snacks they were hoarding.

Just don't add them breaking in and taking our stuff :P. Damned masked bandits lol.

Haha.

That's funny. I was thinking about what animals I'd like to see added and thought raccoons would be cool because you could have a raccoon hat!

Great suggestion!

I would like to see squirrels but not sure how you would capture one since they're small and fast and wouldn't get caught in a snare.

A family of these little monsters came through the hedge yesterday evening to visit the wading pool I was soaking my feet in.

The evil Mama came growling and snarling very loudly like a midsize dog until i growled back and grabbed a shovel to wave at them. Took several shovel fulls of sand lobbed over the hedge onto their heads to move the little bandits off. Lots more growl and snarl.

Its been dry and they could probably smell the water, but cannot allow the creatures to linger near a house with young children. Racoons are quite dangerous and almost as pig headed as politicians heading for a feeding trough or watering hole.

Haha.

That's funny. I was thinking about what animals I'd like to see added and thought raccoons would be cool because you could have a raccoon hat!

Great suggestion!

I would like to see squirrels but not sure how you would capture one since they're small and fast and wouldn't get caught in a snare.

Squirrels should be hibernating. I've seen a few awake back home, and they get pissed off. Really loud!

Also I don't know what you could get from one other than a quick snack lol.

But if they ever have like a changing seasons kinda thing it would be so cool to have them running around for effect! :D

So, supposing for argument’s sake the cost of implementation is 10.000 $ – model, texture, animation, AI, balance, testing and so on – you feel a small animal that steals scrap metal and snacks and out of which you can make a hat would be money well spent?

Well considering the difference between a toque and a real quality animal hat, I think that is a good merit. Secondly, the den thing I think is a neat idea, but not a big deal.

Yes it would cost money, but this is just a wishlist. They didn't say, 'hey guys put what you want here unless it costs money'. It's like when your kid makes a wishlist for Santa: Sure he won't get everything on it, but they have hope that they might.

Yes it would cost money, but this is just a wishlist. They didn't say, 'hey guys put what you want here unless it costs money'. It's like when your kid makes a wishlist for Santa: Sure he won't get everything on it, but they have hope that they might.

Everything costs time and money, I was just curious to know if you still think it's still worth it if you also consider this aspect, that's all.

I was thinking the same thing , we can make rabbit gloves, deer boots and pants. So why not a head gear?

Makes sense! and I personally would love it. Even if it just a furry rabbit hat for now.

We want furry hats!

hat01.jpg

hat02.jpg

hat03.jpg

I think raccoons would be a great idea! The animations wouldn't too different from rabbits I can't see it costing anywhere near $10,000 and if they're going to a realistic survival game that is know for being true to environment then I do think it would be worth it!

Headgear is the last major clothing that needs a fur upgrade and raccoon is perfect!

moose or caribou is a good idea! there would be a lot of meat. maybe you could make a moose tent with the hide so you could sleep outside without windchill. or maybe you could make a new backpack and gain like 10kg carrying capacity without being encumbered.

the last thing we would need is a hide scarf so I'm thinking fox?

they would be like a wolf/deer hybrid, they hunt rabbits but run away if you get too close. maybe they could eat your rabbits that you snare if you leave them lying too long.

I think tents in generally is a neat idea.

People really struggle with the back back thing lol. Our backpack isn't actually holding us back because we can carry infinite stuff, it's the fact that we can only carry so much before we slow down and it gets us more tired. No amount of straps and weight distrubution is gonna make 60lbs feel better or weigh us down less. So for that think less backpack and more human limits lol.

I like the fox scarf idea. :D

Personally I'm all in for bigger wildlife diversity especially if the ideas of the raccoon den and the unique AI for the foxes and moose/caribous are also included. :D

For every "Why spend development time and money on it?" question I have to ask:

Why do we have bears?

Why do we have those unique tractors that are only used in maybe 2-3 locations?

Why do we even have Pleasant valley to begin with?

Yeah implementing things like these is a lot of work I'm sure, but if we dismiss any kind of expansion of the game because it's a small change or it's big work then we could still be playing Mystery lake with wolves and deers only.

But yeah let's say that we'll keep our ideas reasonable and the devs'll decide if they have the means and resources to implement them. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Personally I'm all in for bigger wildlife diversity especially if the ideas of the raccoon den and the unique AI for the foxes and moose/caribous are also included. :D

For every "Why spend development time and money on it?" question I have to ask:

Why do we have bears?

Why do we have those unique tractors that are only used in maybe 2-3 locations?

Why do we even have Pleasant valley to begin with?

Yeah implementing things like these is a lot of work I'm sure, but if we dismiss any kind of expansion of the game because it's a small change or it's big work then we could still be playing Mystery lake with wolves and deers only.

But yeah let's say that we'll keep our ideas reasonable and the devs'll decide if they have the means and resources to implement them. ;)

I agree completely. :)

I don't know if raccoons would actually inhabit this cold of an environment though. I could see some more wildlife such as snow foxes. minxes, and maybe some elk or moose be in these areas. I'm no expert though but as far as I know racoons usually don't hang around too much once the temperatures get below -10 and -27 degrees.

As for the hat, I'd totally rock a fox skinned toque. just saying... maybe even a fox tail scarf.... just for class.

A thumb's up for raccoons, depending on if they're actually found wherever this little survival scenario takes place. How about badgers? Wolverines?

And if we're talking "wish lists", then I want a nice, little cabin next to a natural hot spring, with a BIG stack of fir firewood just outside the front door, and the ability to open a well-placed window to shoot deer that happen by. Oh, and a supermodel (nationality unimportant...I'm not going to be too picky). ;)

A thumb's up for raccoons, depending on if they're actually found wherever this little survival scenario takes place. How about badgers? Wolverines?

And if we're talking "wish lists", then I want a nice, little cabin next to a natural hot spring, with a BIG stack of fir firewood just outside the front door, and the ability to open a well-placed window to shoot deer that happen by. Oh, and a supermodel (nationality unimportant...I'm not going to be too picky). ;)

lol

Archived