Quick peek at conditions

desrocchi

I understand the choice of having a frugal interface and I like it, but there are times when you need/want to take a look at your conditions and you have to press TAB and you are completely taken out of the game world.

I think it would better keep the immersion if you could add a button to show, in the upper corners of the screen, the conditions of the weather and player.

They will not be permanent: they will be displayed for just a couple of seconds and in the following 2 seconds they would simply fade away.

• 2 weeks later...

I riesumate this topic because I think this would also be very useful as an automatic layover every time the player transitions from one place to another, especially from an internal environment to an external one.

Getting out of a repaired zone and standing still doing nothing just to see how much the temperature has actually gone down is a bit awkward and clumsy.

Click down RS stick. Either it brings up a soft hud, or equip two new items...

No, too complicated.

You don't need to look at a termometer to know it's really cold, but in-game you need numbers because you don't have any other means to know.

In a playthrough I got out of the lake cabin nearest to the Offices in ML after I spent the night there and even if it was windy I decided to go anyway since it was just a little walk, halfway through I started freezing and so I pressed TAB to find that there were -51 degrees!

I usually get at around -20 when it's windy, I don't know how it got so low. I didn't even know temperatures could go that low! In all my games I think the lowest I got was -25.

I think we need a way to quickly assess the conditions around us without having to completely stop being in the game to look at a black screen.

I get it. I agree with you. Pausing the game play in such a manner to view environment and player conditions seems to make a bigger dent in the immersion then having an on screen hud. I'm actually surprised, there is a hud option, yet it only affects the little white dot. Having Hudless as default (current) and adding the hud display option that actually displays some info would be simpler then adding items or clicking for display.

• 2 weeks later...

What about a quick pop up that appears and fades every 10 deg in temp difference.

You wake up from your nap, house is sitting at 34 Deg F.

You start a fire to cook some tomato soup and the temp jumps up to 50 deg F, it pops up on the upper right hand side of the screen for 5 seconds and fades to black.

You then walk outside and the temp drops to 30 Deg F. New temp pops for 5 seconds and fades to black.

And so on. Maybe an audible cue every 20 deg in change like "Brrrr", "Feels warmer", etc.

Archived