Deerskin Boots/Pants Crafting bug

japatoes

I began Crafting the deerskin boots and cancelled while working on them. When I went to my inventory the boots were there and wearable. They also had no weight. My materials weren't taken either, so I tried making the pants as well doing the same quit out amd got the same results. Pants were wereable and weighted nothing. Crafting table I used was in the camp office if that helps.

Edit: Also wanted to add when I view the items to harverst/repair it gives me the option to harvest for 99 hardwood and another 99 hardword. After looking at the harvest menu it then freezes the game and requires a dashboard quit to work again.

Guest mcopeman

Wow that's a strange bug! I'll look into this. Thanks!

Melody~

Edit: I wasn't able to harvest the in progress items. What steps are you taking to see the harvest screen with 99 hardwood?

To get to the harvest option I just clicked x to bring up the actions screen on the in progress pants. I have some screenshots of the wearable unfished boots and the harvest screen but xbox live won't let me share them now. When its working again I'll post them here.

I have also experienced this bug. I crafted some deer skin boots and was confused because they crafted immediately though it indicates there is a time frame. This was also the case with the pants.

I also experienced the lockup multiple times. It occurs when you go into inventory and select x to view actions. For me the lock up doesn't occur until you turn the joy stick to move the image of the boots.

Guest mcopeman

Thanks japatoes I was able to replicate what you are seeing!

a gomerpile: Crafted items needs to be completely crafted before they can be worn. Being able to wear "in-progress" items is a bug.

Melody~

Guest mcopeman

Normally what happens when crafting is a item will appear in your inventory with "in-progress" written above it. This item serves to indicate that you have started crafting but isn't very interactive (you can only drop it). As you craft the required items like gut and hide will be taken from your inventory. Afterwards its completed it functions like any other item of clothing. I hope that clears things up a bit!

Melody~

• 2 weeks later...
I also experienced the lockup multiple times. It occurs when you go into inventory and select x to view actions. For me the lock up doesn't occur until you turn the joy stick to move the image of the boots.

I had the lockup happen as well. I spent two hours working on the pants, then hit X to see what actions were available on the (in progress) item. The game locked up without me doing anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this bug as well on XBox One.

Sandbox Alpha v.238

I have included a Screenshot of what I see, I hope it helps. Please excuse the darkness, it is the only save point I had and its a jpg of my plasma.

2f0gkch.jpg

To get to the screen I captured, I simply press the a tion button on the deerskin boots, then the screen capture appears. I have to press XBox home key, menu, quit to force game to close and relaunch.

I can duplicate this bug 100% of the time.

P.S. I absolutely LOVE this game! I can't wait for Story Mode!!!!

Archived