#38 Lantern audio while strafing

jason_myles

This is pretty minor, and I only noticed this because I was wearing my headphones... but it distracted me immediately when it happened.

When the lantern is lit, there is the accompanying hiss sound. When I strafe/sidestep to the right, the lantern audio goes 100% to the right speaker. When I strafe/sidestep left, the lantern audio goes 100% to the left speaker. This didn't effect the sound of my footsteps or any other audio as far as I could tell.

I tested this is in several places within the Carter Hydro Plant, and it didn't seem to be based on my location. However, by the time I left the hydro plant, I was thinking about my next meal and forgot to test outdoors.

I was playing in Windows when I noticed it.

This is verified, but not sure it's a bug also happens with the flare. I think it is by design, however I'm a little confused about the direction sound gets louder, If I move left the sound goes to left speaker and vice versa. just is kinda weird, maybe it should be mixed a little more evenly than going full bore to left or right speaker when moving that direction.

Gonna wait on submission till we have some other opinions on this.

Confirmed on both flare and lantern, but it doesn't get louder, it just moves from right to left, and its not 100% in either from my hearing. It feels as if I strafe left the sound is about 75%left and 25% right. I don't get a 100% in the direction I strafe. Well thats how it sounds to me, I would think this is By Design.

We are aware of this one. It's a weird one that seems to happen with a lot of audio engines. For some reason they aren't smart enough to just pan to the center when a 3D sound is within a certain range of the listener. I'll enter a ticket.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived