Firing the hunting rifle/aiming

brian71mm

I am not sure if this has been addressed but I have found the hunting rifle on two separate occasions and have found about 13 rounds total. Both play throughs I have had the issue of aiming and actually hitting any animal and have missed every time Unless it was directly in front of the player about two or three feet away. For example one time I had crept up on the side of a deer slowly edging crouched forward in dear of scaring it away. When I was within about 20 feet of it I lined the sights up evenly with the shoulder and fired but nothing not even a blood trail, I have done the same with wolves as Well. The wind was not blowing and sometimes it was, does this effect the accuracy and I kept my rifle in perfect condition to add to it. I thoroughly enjoy this game and have been playing non stop for a few days now and am sure it is my number one favorite. I would love this to be fixed as it would make procuring meat and pelts easier than chasing deer into wolves.or waiting.

I've also seen this on Xbox One version. I've found the rifle 3 times now. The first time I promptly died due to wolf attack before I was even able to use it. Second time I was near the Unnamed Pond and killed a deer in 1 shot. It was a side shot from about 30-40 feet. Then promptly died soon after due to another wolf encounter. Third time is the charm. I'm currently in a game and found the rifle last night. I loaded it and proceeded to go hunting. I ended up firing what I thought were decent shots from 30-50 feet at both deer and wolf. Each of my 8 shots I seemingly missed and the animal ran. In 3 of the 8 shots the animal left a blood trail and ultimately fell where I could find them. The rest of the shots either missed completely or I could not find a blood trail. I'm now sitting with an empty rifle getting ready to travel from the Camp Office to Carter Dam to hopefully find more ammunition.

I own rifles in real life and shoot a couple times per year. I lined up my shots as I would at the range and don't feel they would have missed center mass as bad as they appear to have. Something seems off or there are more factors at play than I am aware of in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I qualified expert in the army in marksman ship and have found the same issues on xbox one. Sight posts lined up and even, aiming center mass from a range where the target is 3 times the size of the sight posts or closer.(close enough there should be no bullet drop unless we're firing a peashooter) I do like the realism in that the as you move you have to take a moment to settle into your shot. What I don't like though is the same issue as normal movement there is no speed variation. The movement should function like other FPS or modern RPG. Move the stick slightly I move slow (stealthy), push all the way run. Aiming should function the same way if I move softly I should be able to track my target, stop and fire a clean shot. Not have to wait 1-2 sec to stabilize and then pray I hit my target. I understand this is an Alpha and so far I really like your game and have paid for it. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong thread, just wanted to reinforce CWattie as an experience marksman some ideas and current concern on this game mechanic.

Totally not trying to bash but its really not hard to be an expert marksman in the army but away from that topic you do have a fairly good point that slowly creeping up would be a good idea but then again this game is as far away from a fps possible tbh as it may have been intended to crouch and creep up as I've done so to a deer within spitting distance from behind and wind blowing against me and fired yet still missed somehow. Keep in mind you are in snow though and any note you make will cause noise as well

Archived