#1594 - Are other people still having this crash issue?

BearHunter30

Hello all! I'm new to the forum, so please take it easy on this hinterlandforums newbie. Nearly every time I enter or leave a building, the game crashes. I'm all updated on the newest build and it is still an issue for me. The only times that I don't have this issue are immediately after I sleep. So, it seems to me that the saving process is possibly having a hard time when that coincides when entrance and exiting of a building. It's quite confusing...

Edit: deleted out dated crash report.

I could be wrong, but from what I see it looks like you're running an onboard graphic chip, not a graphic card, so it will be very limited. If that's the case then it will also likely have trouble using the more current DirectX 11 application. Have you tried running it in DirectX 9 mode?

You also didn't mention whether your save is from an older version, or if this is from a fresh run on the latest v.244?

Yea try running in DX9

In Steam interface, click on "LIBRARY".

In games list, right click on "The Long Dark".

Choose "Properties"

Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."

Paste into text box "-force-d3d9" without the quotes

Click "OK".

Click "CLOSE".

Jeremy

Okay, I ran in DX9 and it crashed again. Also, as someone stated, I forgot to mention if this was a new save. I started a new save after the recent update. here's tonight's crash log.

output_log.txt

I should be able to get full computer specs to you tonight, but what I do know is that I have 4gb of ram. It's a Dell E6410 laptop, which has a built in chipset, which I know is pretty crappy for gaming. The chip, supposedly, has 512mb of ram on the video chip. So supposedly I meet the requirements.

I'll get you the details later.

Might be worth heading to the Dell support site and checking for Driver or even Bios updates. I have an old D830 with 4gb and I had to update the Graphics Driver before it would get past the splash screen. I have to run it on medium to low graphic settings for it to run and it doesn't run great even then. Even my newer Inspirion 5737 which is an i7 processor and 8gb of ram cannot run the game on the highest settings because of the integrated graphics card.

Might be worth heading to the Dell support site and checking for Driver or even Bios updates. I have an old D830 with 4gb and I had to update the Graphics Driver before it would get past the splash screen. I have to run it on medium to low graphic settings for it to run and it doesn't run great even then. Even my newer Inspirion 5737 which is an i7 processor and 8gb of ram cannot run the game on the highest settings because of the integrated graphics card.

Okay, just checked up on my specs. But first, just wanted to say that I run the game currently on the lowest of all settings in all the land. It'll run great right up until the crash, as far as frame rate and quality of video are concerned. Anyhow, here are my specifications...

4GB of ram currently installed

Windows 7

Intel Core i7 M 620 @ 2.67GHz

Chipset

Mobile Intel® QM57 Express Chipset

Graphics Card

NVIDIA® NVS 3100M 512MB gDDR3

Intel® HD Graphics

• 2 months later...

Archived