PS4 controller glitches

So I'm using a PS4 controller with some extra software that should make a game recognize it as a xbox 360 gamepad, but when I started the game, I for some reason was looking up and spinning around. If you could fix this (and maybe add native PS4 gamepad support with button icons (square, triangle, etc.), that'd be great!

Read this or, the long and short of it:

This is a known bug, however this might fix your problem in the meantime!

It is caused by either having a controller plugged in, or drivers running for controllers. Other people have reported vJoy being an issue. Once the driver was uninstalled, the game worked fine. Check your device manager to see if there is any usb controllers.

Reference for vJoy: http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/77-vjoy/102-removing-vjoy - Melody, Hinterland team

As a disclaimer, nobody in that post mentioned a PS4 controller but what you describe seems what they described. It's the most I can do for you, hope it helps.

We did add functionality to completely disable gamepad support for mouse/keyboard users that were experiencing this issue, but it doesn't sound like this issue extended to your case in particular. If you could check it out again and let me know how it's working, that would be great.

Beyond that, we unfortunately can't offer much support for third-party controller software, and that's likely what's causing this issue. As far as I know, you also can't use a PS4 controller on a PC without some kind of internal or third-party software requirements. Even the easiest options (like a Titan One USB adapter) requires a bit of work. This makes it very difficult to offer true native support for PS4 controllers on a PC. Macs are actually a bit easier to connect, but the capabilities of the controller are more limited.

Archived