Xbox one issue - main menu won't play

deathbed2

I tried the free preview and it wouldn't let me play, the cursor is stuck on story and won't move. I can hit Y and X and both work fine, I can select story but am taken to the dialog box that says not available. I deleted and reinstalled, restarted the console, bought the game, deleted again and installed a 3rd time. All with the same result can't move the cursor off story in main menu. Any suggestions?

Guest mcopeman

What controller are you using? Is it plugged in or wireless? I'm looking into what might be causing this. Thanks for letting me know!

Melody~

Wireless controller, it has the turtle beach xoseven update (firmware version 1.2.2236.0). I don't think it's the controller as the other options are all grey. And before I get to the menu I can hit the d-pad for the "any button"

Edit: I also am apart of the Xbox dashboard preview OS version 6.2.13171.0 (xb_rel_1507.150610.2200) fre

Also:

It seems in my numerous attempts to get it to work, it will crash/dashboard before even loading about 20% of the time

I actually joined the forum because i am having the same issue. I am also accessing from the dashboard preview version. This is from an otherwise brand new out of the Box console. In fact its literally the first game i tried to play on this console.

I've had the crashing on load before, working on that one. I'll see what can be done about not being able to use the controller in the main menu. Could you try if you haven't already, is plug the wireless controller into the xbox and see if that changes anything? just curious maybe there's some sort of disconnect between the controller and the xbox.

Jeremy

Interesting. I have tried your theory using an already plugged in wired controller. This is able to manage the main menu correctly and i can in fact start it but the wireless one is still not able to move up or down at this point. All other functions such as switch profile (Y), buy now (X) and to start (A) all work fine. So i think you may be onto something, there is definitely something not getting through via the wireless controller in regard to the up/down side of things..As the wired method seems to be a straightforward workaround at this point, this is more just an annoyance than anything else. That said i would be interested to hear any progress you have on the issue.

Regards

Update on my status: I think it was the next day I attempted to log on, and boom. I was able to play the game as normal, no change in my system as far as I known same controller and software versions. I haven't experienced a crash/dashboard since being able to play.

Had the same issue.

Signed in wirelessly on one controller

Second controller was plugged in and charging. Could not navigate menu other than X,Y,A,B buttons.

Tried directionals on the charging controller and they worked on the menu.

Unplugged second controller and turned it off, still nothing on wireless

Plugged in wireless and directionals worked

Unplugged and continued to work like normal

• 2 weeks later...
Had the same issue.

Signed in wirelessly on one controller

Second controller was plugged in and charging. Could not navigate menu other than X,Y,A,B buttons.

I had this same thing happen yesterday, except that both controllers are wireless. My wife and I were both logged in. She stopped what she was doing but left her controller on. I started TLD and found that my buttons worked, but I could not move the menu cursor. I turned off her controller and my menu control worked again.

Hope this helps!

Same issue. I also had a controller charging at the time. It seems directional support is only supported on that charging controller, however all other buttons are supported on all controllers - the controller that is not charging (an additional wireless controller I turned on to test this), and the plugged in charging controller.

Current workaround seems to not charge any OTHER controller while attempting to play.

Archived