TLD for PS3

crowvalkairi

i know the game just announced for Xbox One, but i was wondering if there were any plans for taking it to PS3? i ask for PS3 specifically because i'm not too impressed with the PS4, or Xbox One (mainly the lack of backward compatibility and shortage of games i would want to play on them).

now, i do have an Xbox 360, so i wouldn't be against seeing TLD go to the 360, but i am more of a PlayStation player, sooooooo... yeah.

thought i'd ask xD

It probably wouldn't be cost effective for studios to start making versions for gaming systems that have since been replaced by more modern versions. The previous models have a quickly diminishing market, so by the time the studio was able to reconstruct and test a working version, there wouldn't be enough demand to even recover costs.

Technology simply changes too fast... look at the PS2 - tons of games in bargains bins for $2 each, but almost nobody to buy them because the market moved on :geek:

• 1 month later...

I agree with this. Like many others I cant get new systems. I could see an argument for not doing it if you were trying to get a game released for ps3 to a ps4, but backwards shouldnt be an issue. As of now on ps3 there is no issues running ps one or 2 games. I'm not a programmer so I could be wrong, but based off of what I do know I dont see how it could involve too much. I'd love to see this game on PS3!

In regards to the backwards compatibility for the xBone, they are currently in the process of working on a emulator for the xBone that is a free program that will be coming to the console via update. Of course it will take time but they have plans on making the entire 360 library bit by bit. (Of course it will be based on popularity and the xBox community feedback. ) This is also one more reason on top of TLD coming to xBone, that I prefer xBox to PS. I love you Hinterland! :D

Archived