A Yeti !

Yeti1987

Ok ok, I know this game focuses on true survival, and I want to keep it that way. The game is great, and ambiance as well. But I would like to have a little more fear in the game when wandering about, wolves and bears are ok.. but, lets have the possibility of a Yeti on the map.. very very rare though, only one in the map.. actually, the fear of just knowing there is a yeti would be enough, even though your chances of seeing it or being spotted by it are low..

Also, the Yeti cry, or scream is terrifying, to hear that at night while out in the wild echoing through the trees would be amazing. Lets put some more fear in the game.

We dont know if Yetis exist.. just the fact there are so many accounts and sightings, would make it a little exciting to incorporate.. explain the Dyatlov Pass Incident? Thought it would be nice to have some fear in the game as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

+1

I like this idea. However I'd prefer to hear him far far more often than seeing him. And just because you see him doesn't mean an attack.

Maybe see certain traces of him too. Huge footprints or destroyed bits. Whole carcasses going missing and such.

And make him unkillable. But enough damage causes him to flee

The main thing I love about this game is that it is Survival, WITHOUT supernatural stuff. Adding a Yeti or other such mythical beast would strike me as turning it towards just another zombie apocalypse game. I enjoy those too, and spent a good deal of time on 7DtD, but I find it far more nerve-wracking to be faced with nature than with monsters. Monsters are for games, and I can easily just turn them in to numbers and mechanics. Nature is real, and it can get you in ways a lot scarier than some fur-covered tabloid bait.

I like the random sighting of something vague...undefined...just there when you walk through the woods and then turn around to ...nothing... Winter Sasquatch. Alas too much dev time to develop just something to creep you out.

Still. A mod down the road....for a User made Game Variant. The Dark Cold Night of Slender-ish-squatch :mrgreen: :roll:

:)

Ok ok, I know this game focuses on true survival, and I want to keep it that way. The game is great, and ambiance as well. But I would like to have a little more fear in the game when wandering about, wolves and bears are ok.. but, lets have the possibility of a Yeti on the map.. very very rare though, only one in the map.. actually, the fear of just knowing there is a yeti would be enough, even though your chances of seeing it or being spotted by it are low..

Also, the Yeti cry, or scream is terrifying, to hear that at night while out in the wild echoing through the trees would be amazing. Lets put some more fear in the game.

We could get a white bear that we only see at a distance, and that spends time on its hind legs. It could make extra-creepy bear noises.

Archived