.243 container UI

octavian

How containers sort items now is great, but if there's a way to move between player and container inventory sans mouse, I haven't found it. Instead of left/right looping you inside the row of one inventory it could cross inventories. Or have a key do this, like the survival panel key.

bill017.thumb.jpg.6110c714b669805fd28273

_243container2.thumb.jpg.9415af794898cb4

I typically bind keys to my mouse (though I need to get another good one, current mouse only has 2 extra buttons)... So I'm not typically picky about control schemes that make me reach a little, as I just bind my mouse buttons to use the base key.

One idea here I like is being able to press the back arrow to jump from 1/25 to 25/25 as appose to having to keep clicking over and over. I often end up pressing the transfer all button then just taking 2 or 3 of something back because it's quicker. In the end though, won't fuss much.

My personal dream for the inventory/container UI would be to have the option to switch between icons or lists. I'm personally more a fan of list (with some details), the icons take me getting used too, and actually confuse me at times. I know, may seem odd, but text is easier for me to distinguish. Once again though, not gonna fuss, I survive with the icon system, just have to hover and read stuff more to ensure I'm gonna use the correct item.

One idea here I like is being able to press the back arrow to jump from 1/25 to 25/25 as appose to having to keep clicking over and over.

+1 to this. Since the option for selecting all the items was removed I'm really missing it. Having the possibility to cycle between min/max quantities would be great. No need for adding another button like it was before, just keeping the left arrow button for the quantity even at 1 (and the right one at max) would make sense. Binding them to the left/right keys for keyboard control would be a welcome addition as well.

Archived