What about Bears

RJIII

That's very coincidental you mention bears as I was out last night at a local bar. Well today I am a talking to a gentleman who left the bar and encountered a bear on his walk home a few blocks from Raph's house (at 2:00am after a few beers). He backtracked and took the long way home. Vancouver Island also has wolves and cougars.

Cougars would be pretty cool too but I'm sure the TDL is getting pretty extreme :]

I'm sure they could have all of those as part of the game. But they would just have to be done in moderation so it seems legit. Otherwise, it would be like Jack Hanna just crashed his cargo plane on his way to the David Letterman show.

For example, I would expect to see fewer wolves during the day. But they might come out more often at night and when they sense your injured or weakened.

As for new animals, I might expect to only see a bear or two and maybe the same for a cougar, bobcat, ect... during a week. Perhaps not seeing them at all...sometimes not seeing something adds to the realism just as much as actually seeing it everywhere.

Squirrels, rabbits via trapping/snaring is what I think would be the most realistic source for food for our daily survival. Also, throw ice fishing into the mix. Some of you survival experts out there might have to correct me on that though.

The numbers of animals is a little much right now. Every other hill I crest I expect to see large animals wandering about. I think they need reduced a little bit. If I go hunting for a deer, I should have to actually hunt one. As it stands now, I sometimes have to give right-of-way to a deer running across my path to avoid bumping heads with them. :D

That's very coincidental you mention bears as I was out last night at a local bar. Well today I am a talking to a gentleman who left the bar and encountered a bear on his walk home a few blocks from Raph's house (at 2:00am after a few beers). He backtracked and took the long way home. Vancouver Island also has wolves and cougars.

That's insane I can't imagine actually having to deal with real wild life leaving a bar. We have cougars circling the bars of Long Beach but they are not so much dangerous as they are frightening. :]

Archived