Rare maple saplings

an_actual_puppy

I've been looking to craft a bow in an effort to net the silent hunter achievement. The problem I'm finding is that maple saplings seem extremely rare in my spawns... I've checked every possible location in ML to no avail, including the transition zones. I've also looked a little bit around CL but I thought that every map was meant to have at least one maple sapling grove. Birch saplings, on the other hand, have not been difficult at all to find. Does anyone else have this problem?

Most of the spots where You could find Green Maple Sapplings are all along the routes that You would use anyways, but one of them takes a bit more effort to go and check. I marked that spot with a green star on this map:

s5w8k4.jpg

I started this current run on Mystery Lake Map and I've been there now +100 days and couldn't find them anywhere. Not at least on spots where I had seen them on previous runs.

I found my bunker near the Unnamed Pond, so had no particular reason to check the NW corner of Mystery Lake map, but there they were. 2 Green Maple Sapplings. If You haven't been up there yet, it might be worth to visit.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, thanks! I found maples in that exact location too - was going mad looking as my rifle shots are getting low. Also, I had the same bunker spawn as you, near unnamed pond. Maybe the maple spawns are linked to bunker spawn locations?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The transition zone between ML and PV has a 100% spawn for 2 mapples and 4-6 birches (in case you haven't found the ones in ML area) :)

Not for me. :( I started out in PV, went to ML because I happened across the transition zone (and went through there a couple more times later as I'd left some hides to cure in PV). Now I've gone through ML with a fine comb, lots of birch, not a single maple. I moved on to CH and still haven't found a single maple, not even after checking the ML/CH transition area carefully.

I'm still holding up hope that there's some in the areas of CH or PV that I haven't been to yet, but hope does not a bow make.

The devs have added more birch/maple sapling spawns per map now.. In ML i found 5 maples in one run and 14 birch.. And im 100% confident That There Is still more out There. The normal 2 groups of 5 still spawned like usual. And the group of 2 maples still appeared aswell.. Everything else is a lone sapling so it makes it really easy to miss

Archived