Bow tips

an_actual_puppy

Remember to pick up your arrows. You get a lot of shots out of each one. When they finally break you can harvest them for 2 feathers and the arrow head.

The bow wobbles. This affects aim. In general it shoots a touch to the left of your initial point of aim. When it drifts right it will shoot a touch to the right. Therefore log range shots are incredibly difficult. Also note the arrows arc due to gravity or hinterlands equivalent.

I couldn't kill anything with the bow for a while. What changed all that was standing at the end of the trapper cabin (or whatever building is your home) and shooting the wall from across the room to get an idea of aim and impact.

Easiest things to kill are actually wolves. Drop a decoy, back up, and shoot as they slowly advance

Stalking dear works but you have a very short window to stand from crouch and shoot before they start running.

Also, the more fatigued you are, the greater the swaying while trying to aim...

Practice shooting at a snow mound, and then maybe the side of the Camp Office wall... you'll start to get a feel for the aiming and distance (takes practice)

With a bit of work, you can even start trying out some GOT type shots like in the video GELtaz recorded:

[bBvideo 560,340:1d5aezjm]

[/bBvideo]

Also, the more fatigued you are, the greater the swaying while trying to aim...

Practice shooting at a snow mound, and then maybe the side of the Camp Office wall... you'll start to get a feel for the aiming and distance (takes practice)

With a bit of work, you can even start trying out some GOT type shots like in the video GELtaz recorded:

[bBvideo 560,340:pz0dxcwt]

[/bBvideo]

WTF??? !!! ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well...I guess I will have to do some training with a bow.I made it already,but didn`t use it yet,as I still have 24 bullets( at day 314 :D ).

I am curious...if you shoot with bow in far distance,bow points up towards sky by itself,to make loop shoot? As it can be seen on that video,GELtaz shooted a bear with loop shoot.So,I wanna know,if he pointed a bow towards sky manualy,or that is the way bow is shoot on far distances.Coz,if he did that for himself and calculated the loop by himself,then he is more than a genious. :lol:

It is almost unbelievable shoot,that one seen in video. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived