Cooked Smallmouth Bass - Weight vs. Calories

Hyssch

Smaller 1,4kg cooked Smallmouth Bass has more calories than bigger 1,7kg cooked Smallmouth Bass?

Both were over 90% in raw condition before cooking, cought on the same fishing trip and cooked one after another.

1,4kg - 815 calories

1,7kg - 770 calories

2uykob8.jpg

Does anyone remember something like this happening before, or is it just after latest update?

Sorry, Melody... don't have an output_log for this, but I keep an eye on those calories after fish is cooked and if I notice this happening again, I'll try to remember to pause my game and take a copy of my output_log

I think calories might not be bugged, but the weight on fish seems totally random lottery. When You're fishing and catch a fish it's quite random what weight it might be, but seems like the game doesn't "lock on" to the original weight that fish had when first cought.

When I filled my 10kg drawer full of raw fish on Camp Office at Mystery Lake Map (Voyager mode, V236, not an old saved game) and quit the game, started again and checked the drawer, the weight was any random number below 10kg or over.

I shouldn't be able to fill that drawer with more than 10kg worth of stuff, right?

This was a drawer full of raw fish, so maybe game calculated what the weight might be when its cooked and used that number to check if the drawer was full or not, and not the weight fish had when it's still raw?

So, is the weight of fish bugged or is it the container (drawer) that is bugged in this case?

This time I remembered to take output_log files for each case and I named them accordingly (e.g. output10.01kg_log) to know which log file was related to which case etc.

Here's the debug screenshots and output_log files:

10.01kg

2dvokjt.jpg

10.44kg

2jfneo3.jpg

10.56kg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2z4ih6g.jpg

Also, if You place a ruined torch on Camp Office workbench drawer, it shows that its placed there, but it doesn't let You move it back to Your inventory anymore. As if, once placed in drawer, it doesn't excist anymore and is not given an item count or weight to be shown on drawer inventory UI anymore.

When You close the drawer it says 0kg/5kg and if opened, there's no torch there anymore. Not sure if this is related in any way to this bug described above, but a torch weights the same 0,3kg used or not, but the drawer doesn't recognize the weight or item at all if it's a ruined item and cannot be used anymore. Same torch dropped on the ground stays there forever, but not on the drawer...

I don't have an output_log for this torch/drawer bug, but it's easy to test because it happens, without fail, every time You try it.

output10.01kg_log.txt

output10.44kg_log.txt

output10.56kg_log.txt

Guest mcopeman

I have made a ticket for fish weight/calories and its on the list to be fixed.

As for the flare and containers issue, its something different and will be fixed in the next update! Thanks for the great feedback and info!

Melody~

• 1 month later...
Hyssch said:
This was a drawer full of raw fish, so maybe game calculated what the weight might be when its cooked and used that number to check if the drawer was full or not, and not the weight fish had when it's still raw?

So, is the weight of fish bugged or is it the container (drawer) that is bugged in this case?

I think it is fish weight in general. I had a similar bug where I could retrieve a cooked smallmouth bass from a fridge, but I couldn't put it back in. The fridge wasn't over the allowed weight limit when the fish was retrieved, but it seemed to think that it would be when I tried to put it back in the fridge.

Guest mcopeman

Thanks! I'll investigate.

Melody~

EDIT: rakudaniku are you running on the latest? I am unable to reproduce this bug you are seeing.

If it helps, yesterday I experienced a raw Coho Salmon changing weight from 4,4kg to 3,3kg when it was put in the fridge (or freezer, sry don't remember) of the Jackrabbit Island estate. Calories unchanged. Weight went back up to 4,4kg when I took it into my inventory again.

Also still seeing varying calorie values for fish, like small fish having more calories than big ones, like OP states (at least in CH).

Playing on steam, so latest build - 244.

EDIT: Turns out it was my last session, so debug log:

Archived