More things to do with Bear Pelt?

Sandra

Hi there!

At first I want to say how much I like what became of TLD. I really enjoyed it from the beginning, but by now it is so much fun to play that I often lose the track of time at my PC.

Back to topic: I wanted to know whether there are plans for more craftables made of bearpelt. As far as I know there is only the sleeping bag right now, which I barely use because it is so heavy.

Since the bears are respawning, there are about 5 cured bear pelts lying in my Cellar which is a shame. Maybe we could be able to make a toque? Or a coat as an alternative to the Wolfpelt-Coat? Or maybe use bearpelt as a substitute for wolfpelt when it comes to repairing the coat?

Again: Great work!

Thanks for reading

Sandra

• 2 months later...

It would block the wind, at least a little bit? That, in and of itself, will keep you warmer than you would be without the windblock.

There is little difference between a sturdy plastic shower-curtain and a cheap tarp, when it gets down to basics. Would I take the shower-curtain if I already had a tarp? Of course not. Would I take the shower-curtain if I didn't have a tarp, like we don't in-game? Of course. Anything to make shelter-building faster and even the slightest bit more effective.

I wanted to know whether there are plans for more craftables made of bearpelt. As far as I know there is only the sleeping bag right now, which I barely use because it is so heavy.

Since the bears are respawning, there are about 5 cured bear pelts lying in my Cellar which is a shame. Maybe we could be able to make a toque? Or a coat as an alternative to the Wolfpelt-Coat? Or maybe use bearpelt as a substitute for wolfpelt when it comes to repairing the coat?

+1

Given that the wolf coat has a small chance to scare wolves, I would think that a bear coat would have an even greater effect! And it does seem like the player should be able to craft a hat of some kind too. Maybe something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushanka

It would block the wind, at least a little bit? That, in and of itself, will keep you warmer than you would be without the windblock.

There is little difference between a sturdy plastic shower-curtain and a cheap tarp, when it gets down to basics. Would I take the shower-curtain if I already had a tarp? Of course not. Would I take the shower-curtain if I didn't have a tarp, like we don't in-game? Of course. Anything to make shelter-building faster and even the slightest bit more effective.

Oh for sure, that's why I asked. A lot of it would depend on how a person could stake it /set it up.

What kind of bonuses against wind/cold would you expect from the shower curtain tent? :)

I would not get complicated with it. Just something to block the wind. It getting wet is ever added to the game, then it could help with that too.

Multiple shower curtains could be used more effectively as screens with layering. However, we are getting past a simple tent and moving into the purview of shelter building. A few shower curtains could turn something as simple as a hunters blind into a cozy little shelter. You can also use a shower curtains as a layer of protection between the wet snow and your sleeping bag (putting wear on the curtain instead of on your sleeping bag). I use a body bag for this purpose when I go camping without a tent. I would prefer to add some other form of insulation between me and the snow (like pine boughs, leaves, cut sod, etc) but I would take what I could get.

Of Topic: If we are looking at insulation, I would also ask the devs to allow us to sacrifice newspaper and books as insulators. Rip the pages out, wad up the paper and stuff it between layers or in our sleeping bag.

Archived